Electrical Subsea Cable Engineer
The Electrical Subsea Cable Engineer will be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible).
As an Electrical Subsea Cable Engineer, you will lead and coordinates the engineering, scoping, and deliverables for offshore wind export and inter-array cable development and construction for offshore wind projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Follow up front-end engineering and route design associated with export and inter-array cables (land and subsea as appropriate) for use in project consenting, design optimization and financial modelling activities.
- Accountable for the subsea cable system design, through concept selection onwards, including the interfaces to shore.
- Define scope of work for export cable and inter array cable EPCI.
- Define design criteria and technical requirements, including route constructability specifications for cable EPCI packages.
- Coordinating and managing project offshore and onshore cable route design, including interface engineering with other disciplines (electrical, civil, consenting, GIS, foundation, marine operations, geotechnical, etc.)
- Reviewing external contractor's and consultant's specifications, reports and documentation.
- Develop concept solutions with a low risk level within HSE, cost competitive and robust.
- Own and deliver any technology development plans or mitigations.
- Managing cable EPCI contractor scope in the execution phase (engineering, fabrication, transportation, installation and commissioning).
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering subject (electrical engineering, power systems etc).
- Experience of projects (pre-FEED/FEED/detailed design, construction, installation, and operations support).
- Relevant subsea systems/power/cable engineering experience including detailed understanding of the relevant codes and standards applicable to this scope.