External Affairs Manager – Offshore Wind
Offshore wind developer seeking an External Affairs Manager to join as an integral part of their team and support community engagement, outreach, communication, and permitting activities. The External Affairs Manager is a mid-level position that will report to the Director of Public Affairs. This position will routinely require regional travel (mainly within New York and New England) and non-traditional work hours.
- Serving as a company liaison and reliable point of contact for advocates, interest groups, representatives of federally and state-recognized tribes, state and municipal officials, and other stakeholders
- Maintaining stakeholder databases and contact lists and tracking and reporting on stakeholder engagement, community outreach events, and speaking and corporate sponsorship requests
- Supporting the creation of community engagement plans, permitting, and project proposal documents
- Monitoring state legislative developments and initiatives, including tracking legislation and internal reporting on testimony of interest
- Managing digital media and web content, working with media and government relations consultants, and coordinating internally on communication and strategy plans
- Managing incoming requests and inquiries received through web and social media channels and ensuring that said requests and inquiries are promptly and properly addressed
- Representing the company at forums, receptions, and other venues related to state government relations and policy development.
- A bachelor's degree within a relevant field from an accredited program
- Approximately three to five years of experience in government and/or public relations, clean energy development/advocacy, community organizing, or state/local government activities
- Knowledge of relevant development and stakeholder areas (e.g., environmental science, climate policy, fisheries, energy, labor, permitting, indigenous peoples, etc.) is considered a plus
- Experience managing incoming requests and inquiries received through web and social media channels and ensuring that said requests and inquiries are promptly and properly addressed
- Experience working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage simultaneous priorities in different venues, without missing important deadlines or developments
- Enthusiasm for engaging with people.