Accounting Manager, Greece
An opportunity to join a global leader in the development and management of renewable energy projects as a Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager will be the focal point for all the flow of information related to treasury, payments, accounting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, foreign exchange and debt financing control accounts for the organisation. The individual will also deal with numerous stakeholders, many of them specialists in their fields of expertise.
This position will be based in Athens, Greece.
- Review and improve the existing processes for financial controlling.
- Ensure the standard monthly reports (financial, accounting, management), are reviewed and delivered in due time.
- Uphold strong business partnering skills with cross functional teams such as construction and structured finance teams
- Support in the day-to-day relation with lenders in Greece.
- Ensure the compliance of all financial-accounting obligations with the local authorities.
- FP&A. Support the preparation of the company's group budget and forecast exercises.
- Preparation of all schedules and supporting information required for year-end audit procedures.
- Coordinate tax optimisation reviews together with the internal/external experts.
- Previous experience in financial controlling for service companies, preferably in solar/wind development services
- Previous experience in financial controlling the power generation industry
- Outstanding communication skills (orally and in writing, both in Portuguese and English),
- Outstanding coordination/delegation skills with both internal and external stakeholders,
- Good understanding of the practical aspects of accounting, financial planning, treasury, foreign exchange and tax matters,
- Formal qualification in Business Management, Administration, Economy or other related areas