Global Director of Solar
Taylor Hopkinson has been mandated by an organisation committed to the energy transition as evidenced in its market-leading ESG approach. As part of this evolution of the business the client is embarking on expanding its services into renewable energy and clean technology markets.
The company will create novel, data-driven services aimed at improving processes throughout the asset lifecycle. To achieve this ,Taylor Hopkinson has been mandated to search for and select senior business leaders with strategic vision, business development and leadership competencies to create and lead significant P&L's and create a marketing value proposition that will drive the world's transition to clean energy and create shareholder value.
Reporting the VP New Energy Solutions, the Global Director of Solar will create the strategy and value proposition for the solar energy sector globally. You will lead the business development efforts within the region to secure partnerships and exceed revenue targets. Working closely with clients and internal stakeholders to develop products and services that meet current and future market demand. The role will also be responsible for attracting exceptional talent to the organisation to ensure best-in-class service delivery.
- Building a product and service suite for the business segment based on data and data-driven solutions throughout the asset life of solar PV with a focus on development and asset optimisation
- Working with clients and internal team members to continuously improve and evolve these products and services to establish a marketing position
- Evaluating opportunities from a strategic, tactical, and financial point of view
- Creating and cultivating a pipeline of partnership prospects, key industry stakeholders, and market opportunities to support TGS's long-term growth strategy
- Remaining abreast of industry innovations through networking, industry events and own research to inform the product roadmap for digital and data driven solutions to create increasingly unique propositions that add significant value to client organisations
- Providing on time and cost-effective delivery of services, and ensuring Business Unit goals are attained
- Attracting and retaining a high-calibre team and setting the management processes and systems, in collaboration with HR colleagues to nurture high performance
- Working with marketing to formulate and implement a marketing strategy to support the roll out of the value proposition
- Securing speaking opportunities at conferences and events to educate the market on TGS and the suit of products and services available
- Educated to Masters degree level in business, energy IT or a related field
- Substantial experience in business and product development within data and data-driven solutions and/or renewable energy (both preferred)
- Knowledge of data and data-driven solutions or products aimed at solar PV
- Strong network in renewables and data-driven solutions
- Strategic approach, with entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven leadership track-record managing high performing teams
- Driven to deliver results
- Strong relationship skills