Grid Connections Manager
Opportunity for a Grid Connections Manager to join a leading renewables developer and asset owner.
This is a key strategic hire for the business and Taylor Hopkinson are recruiting this position exclusively on a retained basis. The successful candidate will take the lead on the identification and delivery of successful grid connection outcomes for their onshore wind, solar and storage portfolios in the UK and Ireland.
The role can be based remotely anywhere in the UK with travel to office hubs and sites when restrictions allow.
- Reporting to the Head of Projects, manage the successful delivery of grid connection outcomes for utility-scale wind, solar and storage portfolio in the UK
- Liaise with and source grid intelligence from DNOs and National Grid
- Provide technical assistance during project development and ensure the factors influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered.
- Manage grid application process for assigned projects.
- Optimise grid connection design and costs, including grid connection feasibility studies to identify the available capacity and the most economic grid connection option.
- Ensure that project designs meet all the technical grid code compliance requirements.
- Review any network restrictions or curtailment analysis to assess the export constraints over the life span of a specific scheme.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with DNOs, National Grid, ICPs, iDNOs and technical advisors.
- Electrical engineering background with electrical/engineering qualifications.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role either with consultancy, utility, developer or transmission operator
- Good knowledge of UK Distribution and Transmission industry and grid connection process, requirements, and regulations.
- Commercial awareness of the UK MV/HV design and build industry.
- Strong commercial insight for assessing key value drivers of projects.
- Knowledge and experience in power flow studies and simulation techniques
- Organised and pragmatic with an ability to find solutions to challenging problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written (presentations, reports, documents) and spoken.
- Ability to build strong, cooperative, and productive relationships with the key teams involved in realising and optimising grid connections.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.