Head of DG Business Development
Opportunity to join one of the world's leading renewable energy companies as its Head of Business Development for the UK DG business.
The Head of DG Business Development will have a cross-technology focus across the renewable and clean energy markets, primarily focusing on C&I and blue-chip customers across the solar, storage, EV and other DG sectors. Applicants should have a demonstrable network within this client base, in addition to the confidence and competence to close major deals by convincing company leaders on CSR and renewable solutions.
- Own and develop sales and strategies in line with target markets, both self-set and determined in conjunction with divisional Director
- Identify, originate and qualify new and organic opportunities, ensuring CRM systems are consistently current and accurate across the team
- Collaborate effectively with the Sr. Director, DG and Storage to identify and subsequently close key targets, supporting business growth in line with determined strategy
- Utilise networking events as an effective way to build brand awareness, while delivering key speaker slots both internally and externally
- Play an active role in market monitoring and analysis, identifying emerging technologies and solutions to be exploited
- Develop and manage key client and account relationships, using these to influence future plans and actions
- Collaborate with technical teams to ensure solutions meet client expectations and requirements
- Be comfortable and confident in deputising for Divisional Director, taking ownership for high-value sales pursuits and activities to improve functional performance.
- High level knowledge and understanding of the energy sector, with demonstrable experience operating in the Industrial market
- Ability to evidence success in building and managing a high-performing sales team in this market
- Ability to demonstrate market network and influence
- Expert in creating and driving client engagement
- Highly experience and confident networker and relationship management professional - comfortable connecting with and influencing senior level individuals from blue-chip companies
- Excellent understanding of EU and UK policy frameworks in the carbon reduction and industrial energy industries
- Strong working knowledge of principal contract forms, PPA agreements and the formation of SPVs.