HSE Manager (Taiwan)
HSE Manager (Taiwan)
Job ID 7339
Hai Long Offshore Wind, a joint venture between Northland Power, Yushan Energy and Mitsui, has retained Taylor Hopkinson on an exclusive basis to search for and selection several critical team members to be based in Taipei, including a HSE Manager. The HSE Manager will be responsible ensuring the development, design and execution of wind farm is in compliance with HSE requirements.
Joining the project in this formative stage of the team, and the entire industry in Taiwan, offers the right individual the opportunity to shape the future of Taiwanese offshore wind. Using initiative, experience and team work to establish and drive the project will be essential as you operate in an autonomous and self-sufficient business unit tasked with the delivery of + $4 billion asset.
Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence will be needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Success will require an ability to solve complex technical and commercial problems with a high level of commercial acumen in this exciting emerging market that has ambitions to be the hub for offshore wind the APAC region.
- Assisting project EPCI Director in identifying and developing HSE goals and strategy.
- Establishing and maintaining the HSE Management Plan based on input from project management team and EPCI Director.
- Identifying and defining top HSE concerns and establish a risk register (based on input from project team, O&M, construction and commercial and technical experts).
- Compiling HSE recommendation report.
- Ensuring HSE best practice are implemented and followed.
- Ensuring all HSE related activities and plans (PPE, HSE related documentation, HSE reporting etc).
- Role model a safety culture and promoting effective management of HSE.
- Performing HSE assessments and evaluations of designs.
- Supporting HSE in procurement process.
- Following up on key suppliers’ HSE performance.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Required
- Relevant education such as BSc, MSc or equivalent
- Five years of relevant work experience within HSE management
- 2-3 years of experience from similar position within wind and/or construction
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the project
- Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required
All direct and third-party applications to the client will be forwarded to Taylor Hopkinson for processing.
Closing date for applications is 16/8/16.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160