Lead Engineer – Automation & SCADA
Taylor Hopkinson has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Engineer with Automation and SCADA experience to join our client's offshore wind team in Europe.
- Responsible for the design of the control of the auxiliary systems (HV/AC control, LV control systems, generator control systems), their control interface to the primary power transfer equipment and the highlighting of information to the operators (both remotely and locally).
- Responsible for substation development in relation to automation systems (such as control of Emergency Shut Down, Fire detection, control systems) for onshore and offshore substations, and participating in the relevant safety meetings e.g. HIRAs, HAZIDs and HAZOPs.
- Responsible for defining interfaces between Automation & Auxiliary SCADA / HV SCADA/3rd party requirements (Transmission Asset Owner) as well as interfaces to SCADA systems (incl Telecom Systems) and translating those into the employer's requirements for substations' EPCI-C contracts.
- Act as single point of contact for substations' Automation / Auxiliary SCADA related scope within and outside the Vattenfall organisation during the product development phase.
- Support pre-qualification and tender preparation (evaluation criteria).
- Responsible for evaluating bids in tender phase for respective scope.
- Responsible for evaluation of technical feasibility of new innovations for respective scope.
- Act as Vattenfall's representative for related scope including SCADA and substations' supplier's workshops.
- Product/Project Launch phase:
- Support product/package launch team with final supplier evaluation and shortlisting.
- Responsible for basic design review during early works agreement/early design phase.
- Support product/package launch team in handing over basic design to asset project team.
- Several years of Automation and SCADA expertise in the respective technical area.
- Broad experience in specifying technical systems and components.
- Knowledge regarding technical interfaces of the respective systems and involved components (auxiliary and HV systems).
- Experiences regarding state-of-the-art solutions to implement.
- Experience with DNV GL code and technical standards.