Offshore Construction Manager
Offshore Construction Manager
Job ID 7581
We are searching for an Offshore Construction Manager.
Primary responsibility is to ensure that the construction of the wind farm, including OFTO assets, to an operational state is carried out within them targets set by the Board and Project Director relating to HSEQ, schedule and technical compliance whilst optimising the associated costs within the budget.
The Construction Manager will lead a multi-functional team in charge of the technical design and the project’s onshore and offshore construction activities and contribute to the CFD process for the buildability of the project.
• Achieve project’s objectives in the construction area and manage the
resources in the construction team.
• Manage and supervise the construction of the project from start to
finish, including transportation, installation and commissioning, ensuring
they are delivered safely, on schedule and within budget.
• Ensure that the highest quality of work is performed within the project
lifecycle and that the construction and decommissioning process
comply with consenting requirements and environmental mitigation.
• Engage with marine regulatory bodies to ensure success of the project.Act as the technical lead and develop the construction project
strategies, and help negotiate the contracts and variations with supply
chain together with commercial and legal departments.
• Report to the Project Director and the project’s board (upon request),
including the interplay between financing requirements, technical
solutions and supplier agreements.
• Supervise and approve overall construction program and any delay
• Maintain an effective and systematic control of project and comply
with project’s reporting standards on budget, planning, KPI’s, etc.
• Provide ongoing and continuous offshore works leadership and technical
support and liaise with other areas of technical department and other
departments (Consenting & Environment, Stakeholders, commercial,
H&S, Project Control, etc.) as necessary across the project lifecycle to
ensure the successful completion of the project.
• Accountable for ensuring that technical matters are in accordance with
legislation, ethics, industry standards, tender technical requirements,
regulatory aspects and project policies.
• Ensure that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the
life of the project and included within the close-out.
• HSEQ – Act in the principle engineering role as per CDM regulations. • Promote and work within the Project Management, Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Procedures and actively manage the safety and personnel welfare throughout the term of the project.
The Requirement • More than 10 years, with at least 8 years’ experience in leading the
design, procurement, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and
energisation phases of offshore renewable energy power plants. •Relevant experience within the marine construction sector and proven
experience of working on generation systems requiring to adhere to GB
Grid Code compliance is essential.
• Experience of working within CDM projects and an excellent
understanding of the latest UK Health and Safety legislation and
associated guidance as these relate to the design and operation of
Marine Coordination, Permit to Work and Electrical Safe Systems of
• A working knowledge of the latest legislation and guidance of the
management of health and safety is also required.
• Direct experience of H&S audits, design risk assessment and method
statement production and reviews will be essential.
• Electrical and civil engineering applied to offshore construction and
• Strong commercial and contractual skills.
• Proven record for delivering end to end project safely.
• Strong leadership skills, open communicator with the ability to build
and manage a multi-disciplined team.
• Ability to manage large scale contractors and suppliers.
• Proven history in project deliverables.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160