Offshore Construction Manager
Offshore Construction Manager opportunity for an offshore wind farm in Europe.
You will be Responsible for the management, preparation and coordination of offshore construction activities across all packages including onshore base & hub logistic, harbour activities, marine coordination, permit to work, weather forecasting, and day to day offshore operation including the procurement and management of offshore supply contracts.
Proven experience in the management of offshore operations in wind industry is required
- Ensure that the offshore & and onshore base / hub activities comply with the project requirements in terms of HSE, quality, planning, risks and cost, and marine safety.
- Ensure that the technical departments' best practices are implemented.
- General actively support and apply the Project Health and Safety policy and procedures to achieve Zero Harm within the Project.
- Ensure the contractor(s), their sub-contractors and agents carry out all activities in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with the project Health and Safety plan.
- Good understanding of the Project HSE plan and Zero Harm ambition, providing leadership Participate actively in the HSE and Quality aspects regarding offshore activities and risk assessment and reviews (Design Reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, readiness review…) and provide recommendations to the project regarding risks and opportunities related to the offshore site activities.
- Support HSE Manager & Representative to ensure HSE rules are followed and instructions are distributed and implemented correctly to all parties
- Ensure that the offshore activities are carried out according to the Project procedures as well as the contractual requirements and are optimised with regards to HSE, time and costs, including negotiation of contractual offshore site aspects
- Define, implement and maintain the Offshore Construction Management Plan and associated procedures to coordinate the offshore site activities, and in particular a permit to work system ensuring a controlled handling of interfaces between different offshore works, packages, authorities and contractors.
- Ensure human resources, services and tools required to coordinate and manage the offshore site, have been identified and are properly mobilised in due time
- Ensure interfaces with other parties and work in direct interfaces, when required, with the relevant Project team members Responsible to develop, manage and maintain the weather forecasting service including wave rider buoys, etc.
- Develop and manage the Marine Coordination Center Responsible to have the offshore site cleared of UXO prior to start of offshore construction activities to an ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Practical) level and provide certificate
- Develop and manage marine support staff to support the offshore activities with manpower, if required Manage GIS, provide access and output to key project team members and ensure contractors provide daily input
- Be familiar with the specific contracts clauses relative to or potentially impacting the activities and focus on mobilisation and offshore operation planning between the different contractors
- Be the key project member deciding order of precedence between Contractors' jobs in case of interference and is head of Management of Changes related to offshore operations.
- Work actively on the regular update and optimisation of the offshore activities and schedules with all involved parties.
- Facilitate and ensure interfaces between contractors, port authorities, and State services are done
- Make decisions and/or arbitrate offshore activities between contractors activities according to the project rules and interests
- Manage the activities and scope of work of the Marine Warranty Surveyor and Vessel Auditors with regard to control of marine operations.
- Liaise with Consent and Environment Manager to ensure all key consent conditions are discharged and complied with Participate in the regular project meetings
- Organise and chair daily offshore construction interface and progress meetings
- Liaise with the Asset Manager to ensure that all construction documents are handed over to the Asset Manager in a timely manner Prepare and maintain the Construction Management Plan