Offshore Wind Projects Procurement Manager
Job ID 18554
We are searching for an Offshore Wind Project Procurement Manager to join one of the world's leading energy businesses. The successful candidate will be part of the leadership team with accountability for the US region and support Offshore Wind ambitions.
It is Full-Time staff role based in the US. (Houston, TX preferred location)
- Oversee all procurement activity throughout the project life-cycle for the project and agreed governance processes.
- Responsible for the full contracting life cycle of current and future US projects, from strategy to project execution, sourcing, contracting, supplier collaboration, and post award contract management in agreement with governance structure.
- Manage and lead the procurement team to support overall procurement delivery by the team.
- Build strong relationships with the business teams and external partners including our Joint Venture partners as well as other teams.
- Develop and execute procurement strategy for future projects - including supply chain strategy development, sourcing, contracting, supplier collaboration, post award contract management, and long lead procurement strategy.
- Identify and build relationships to support development and delivery of local supply chain strategy.
- Responsible for the compliant delivery of all third Party spend across full project life cycle for US portfolio to ensure a successful outcome across cost, schedule, quality, safety, and predictability.
- Lead senior project level engagement with all relevant procurement and supply chains topics across the US portfolio, with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement necessary compliance, sustainability, digital security and key supplier code of conduct processes and policies for supplier engagement.
- Implement appropriate P2P solutions that support end to end procurement activities.
- Manage governance activity on contracting including agreed approval processes, governance boards, assurance, and compliance practices.
- Manage contracting and delivery of local infrastructure needs including ports & harbors, terminal access, land acquisition, and interconnection (off-take) agreements in partnership with commercial & C&EA. Develop materials management and logistics plan.
- University degree in a related field is preferred and genuine passion for developing renewable and offshore wind solutions.
- Experience in offshore wind supply chain management or project development, preferably for large infrastructure, manufacturing, or energy projects, including renewable energy projects.
- Understanding of the complexities of offshore wind project development, its components, and the associated supply chain.
- Knowledge of supply chain contract management fundamentals, best practices, and industry trends.
- Commercial mindset, analytical skills, and confident negotiator with all levels of stakeholders.
- Understanding of cost drivers on contracts and ability to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Previous experience in procurement and market competitive analysis.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment, interfacing with contractors, suppliers, and multi-discipline project teams, demonstrating agile, collaborative, respectful and tactful personal characteristics.