OFTO Transaction Manager
An OFTO Transaction Manager is required to work on behalf of an Offshore Wind Farm developer. The role will be based in Edinburgh
- The OFTO Transaction Manager will be responsible for leading the transaction process on behalf of the client
- The role will include dealing with all associated internal and external stakeholders.
- Following the construction phase of an offshore wind farm, the assets associated with the project are required to be transferred to an Offshore Transmission owner in accordance to the regulatory regime that applies to offshore transmission in the UK
- The transfer of those assets with be achieved through completion of tender and sale transaction process, conducted within the framework by Ofgem
- Develop, obtain Board approval of and implement the project's OFTO transaction strategy in line with the Business Case assumption.
- Ensuring all necessary preparations are made for the transaction process.
- Monitoring any changes in policy, regulation or guidance in respect to the offshore transmission regulatory regime.
- Managing internal project team resource allocated to the transaction, including technical, commercial and project controls support.
- Appointment and management of advisors required to support the client during the tender and transaction process.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders including Ofgem, the OFTO bidders and their advisors.
- Setting-up and manage the data room for the transaction
- Review of technical documentation provided by designers and construction contractors to ensure this is satisfactory for the purpose of the OFTO transaction.
- Ensuring a robust cost control and reporting framework is in place that is enough for the purposes of the cost assessment process that Ofgem will undertake.
- Working with the Head of O&M, developing an O&M strategy in respect to the future interface between the client and the appointed OFTO.
- Leading the negotiation of the sale and purchase agreement and other ancillary agreements with the OFTO preferred bidder selected by Ofgem.
- Conducting or supporting other counter party negotiations associated with the transaction process.
- Reporting on OFTO transaction progress, including attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Successfully concluding the OFTO transaction such that it delivers a result in line with the project's business case assumptions.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience within the power/ energy sector
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a comparable role within the offshore wind or electricity transmission sector is essential.
- Experience and knowledge of Commercial transactions and associated contract negotiations
- Have experience and knowledge of regulatory regime associated with offshore transmission
- Demonstrate knowledge in electrical system design of transmission connected power projects.
- Knowledge and experience of the key aspect's pf the UK regulatory regime such as the Grid code and the SQSS
- Onshore and/or offshore construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation