O&M Readiness Engineer
Job ID 9125
O&M Engineer required to work with a leading offshore wind developer, on a long-term contract, based in Taiwan.
- Support the O&M package manager in securing the operational base for the Project including all necessary onshore and offshore logistics, warehousing and office construction.
- Lead on the delivery of maintenance and operational concepts for the new site including key HSE documentation, asset registers, maintenance schedules, inspection plans and spare parts requirements.
- Support the commercial team in the negotiation of all O&M related contracts.
- Act as a representative for the asset management department within the construction project and drive collaboration with other key stakeholders, delivering a coherent transfer into operations and minimising quality or operational risk to the receiving organisation.
- Project manage the scope and ensure timely delivery of O&M deliverables in advance of handover, ensuring all necessary interim maintenance activities are completed during the commissioning phase.
- Apply lessons learned and focus on the improvement of the department processes and tools.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or other technical discipline. Alternatively, extensive demonstrated experience from industry or other technical qualifications.
- Proven background within the offshore wind sector preferably in a front-facing O&M or asset management role. Experience working in international and cross-project teams desired.
- Full GWO Offshore training.
- A high understanding of offshore wind HSE best practice. Additional HSE qualifications (BOSIET, IOSH, etc.) desired but not essential.
- A high degree of commercial awareness and experience with WTG OEM service agreements and balance of plant maintenance contracts.
- Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently.
- Well-rounded project management capabilities, accomplished at setting targets, planning resources, quantifying risks and tracking progress.
- Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations. A strong command of English (written and verbal) is a prerequisite for the role.
- A positive mindset with strong self-motivation and resilience, a flexible and proactive approach to tackling problems and comfortable at simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines.