Portfolio Manager- Southern Europe
One of the largest independent generators of onshore wind energy in Europe is recruiting for a Portfolio Manager to work across their assets in Southern Europe.
Our client has recently expanded their portfolio across Europe with ambitious plans to add further high-quality assets.
This position is based in Madrid and is ideal for a candidate with a strong background in onshore wind asset management looking to use their project management and commercial skills with a buoyant renewable energy business.
Deliver long term value and mitigate key risks by leading the execution of our client's relationship with their key service provider, and potentially additional service providers (collectively, the Portfolio), within Iberia, France and Belgium.
- Primary interface for day to day relationship with Technical & Commercial Managers, leading the transition away from third party managers who currently oversee the Technical & Commercial Managers on a day to day basis.
- Primary driver of a programme, continually updated, for (i) identification of new sources of value from within the portfolio (ii) identification and management of risk
- Co-ordination of in house and third-party teams to ensure the identification and execution of initiatives from the above.
- Cross fertilisation of ideas and disciplines with the business development team to ensure that both within business development and our existing portfolio there is a value driving and risk mitigation discipline
- Forming strong relations with third parties providing services to the Portfolio in addition to the MSA provider, in order that value, and risk opportunities are recognised and addressed.
- Initial point of contact for key day to day decisions, identifying key issues that need internal resourcing, and interacting and project managing activities with relevant internal decision makers.
- Reviewing key operational performance, including analysis of asset performance and where applicable, co-ordinating more detailed commercial and technical analysis.
- Interface for monitoring and execution of Performance Improvement projects - both initiatives led by the MSA provider and company deployed initiatives.
- Working with technical team, identify priority action plan from company reviews of SCADA database and manage interface with the MSA provider. Project manage tracking of actions and delivery of performance improvements.
- Initial management of HSE and ESG issues. Co-ordinate HSE resource from the business/third parties to gain assurance of HSE performance in line with company expectations.
- Act as initial point of contact with the MSA provider on ESG issues and co-ordination of actions to support GRESB including data collection and verification.
- Day to day management of the portfolio P&L. Analysis of key revenue and cost variances, and liaison with Finance team on P&L variances versus budget and impact on cash flow.
- Focal point for portfolio budget, five-year plan and interface between company's finance and operational teams and the MSA provider.
- Co-ordinate review of Energy/PPA/Feed in Tariff agreements. Provide support to Commercial Energy team to help ensure that the energy market fundamentals in each of the Southern European countries are reviewed, and working with MSA provider and external parties, ensure that energy market risks and opportunities are comprehensively reviewed, and that appropriate agreements are in place to optimise revenue and minimise risk.
- Analysis of portfolio budget and NAV model, and identification of risks and opportunities, and ownership for an action plan of deliverables, including risk register.
- Management of risk register with the MSA provider and implementation of action plan to manage and mitigate risks.
- Oversight of the MSA provider's RFP process for the portfolio. Provide support to the Procurement & Commercial Manager and COO to help inform operational strategy for the portfolio, review of contract structures and recommendations on suitable contract structures for the portfolio to deliver the best possible returns.
- Running a strong and internationally diverse (European) portfolio of wind/renewable assets under investment and high ESG discipline
- Significant onshore wind asset management experience
- Strong commercial and technical discipline and insight
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects
- Iberian work experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish (essential) and French (preffered)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent relationship building skills