Principal Wind Engineer
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
The main purpose of this role is to serve as a technical specialist with specific understanding of wind turbine technology and perform project management activities as necessary to support the advisory team. The role will support and manage technical due diligence, independent engineering, and other technical review of renewable energy projects with a focus on wind energy.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for all technical aspects of advisory project engagements with specific focus on wind generation and turbine technology from various OEMs.
- Be responsible specifically for turbine technology reviews for various turbine models from various OEMs.
- Contribute to writing and review of due diligence and independent engineering reports.
- Engage with clients as an expert in wind technology.
- Train and support the development of colleagues in areas of expertise including turbine technology.
- Develop, understand, and contribute to review of other aspects of due diligence reviews for wind projects including contract reviews (TSA, O&M, PPA, IA), financial models, environmental and permitting and balance of plant design.
- Maintain and improve internal project databases and information.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both oral and written, vertically and across the organisation.
- Contribute to business development activities and discussions as a technical expert.
- Maintain relationships with clients and wind turbine OEMs and communication related to technical issues.
- Perform and contribute to project management activities as necessary.
- Conduct site visits and visits to wind turbine OEM facilities; climb wind turbines.
- Health & Safety: All employees are required to adhere to Health & Safety Regulations and ensure best practice is met by both themselves and by their colleagues.
- Quality: All employees are expected to work within the systems, processes and procedures outlined within the department and / or company handbooks or software platforms or training manuals.
- Flexibility: A reasonable degree of flexibility.
Integrity & Respect: Honest, open, communicative, consistent, fair.
Leadership & Accountability: Focused, driven, determined, strategic, responsible.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Supportive, approachable, trusting, effective, communicative.
Expertise, Innovation & Ambition: Knowledgeable, pioneering, passionate, championing improvers.
Client Commitment: Proactive, listeners, progressive, straightforward, responsive.