Project Director – Taiwan
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained to search and select for a Senior Project Development Director who will play a leading role in business development activities in JERA’s Offshore Wind Power Business in Asia. The Director is expected to be based in Taipei, where JERA has established its local subsidiary, JERA Energy Taiwan to be a core centre of offshore wind power business in Asia. The Director is expected to play a key role in the upcoming tender process and associated business development activities. The Director is also expected to provide support and supervision on construction and operation of existing projects in Taiwan.
- Support the executive management with the overall business strategy and annual business plans of the Business.
- Develop, implement and manage the recruitment and retention strategy in connection with the Business.
- Maintain regular contact with member companies, partner companies and potential members
- Manage the offshore wind business development team in Taiwan. In particular, cooperate and negotiate with the parties concerned (e.g. sponsors, contractors, advisors, financial institutions, etc.) toward submitting competitive proposal in the next tender round of Taiwanese offshore wind.
- Attend internal committees board meetings to discuss and seek approvals on the Business.
- Provide support and supervision on construction and operation of existing projects in Taiwan
- Work closely with members of the management team and outreach coordinators to help identify new business opportunities.
- Assist development in other countries including Japan utilizing knowledge and experience in regard to offshore wind development.
- In cooperation with HR division, recruitment of members and development and maintaining productive relationships
- Participate in business trips associated with the Business and in connection with its responsibilities
- Attend external meetings and conferences to make presentations and enhance presence of JERA in the sector.
- Understand the capabilities of member and provide necessary advice and support to enable the members to carry out their responsibilities and promote capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably with engineering background associated with off-shore wind power business.
- At least ten to fifteen years of experience in offshore wind power business with at least five years of management experiences as a project director or equivalent supervising positions in offshore wind power projects.
- At least one project experiences of leading tender process and two or more projects to achieve commercial operation.
- Must exhibit and demonstrate proven entrepreneurship capabilities.
- The ability to think strategically.
- A sound understanding of member organizations and business development
- Ability to recruit requisite skilled staffs utilizing his/her professional network, manage staff and to delegate responsibilities
- Ambitious and focused with a drive to succeed
- A sound knowledge of international business, administration, marketing and project finance.
- IT literate with extensive experience in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral with an ability to do so at all levels
- Able to operate over several projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
- Experience in dealing with senior executives within businesses of all sizes
- Must have professional manner and attitude communicating with individuals/parities having different background
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to change
- Self-motivated, confident and able to work as part of a small team and on own initiatives
- Knowledge of offshore wind business