World leading renewable energy developer recruiting for a Project Director- UK Offshore to lead the offshore team’s drive to secure and develop significant projects in UK waters and to support the company’s wider global offshore ambitions .The position is based in London.
Primary responsibilities will include managing and augmenting the existing UK offshore bid team to assemble and submit a winning bid in the Round 4 process, before assuming a senior role in the delivery of the successful project and supporting the bid teams in Scotland and in other jurisdictions.
- Ensure the safety of all members of the bidding, development and consenting teams and our partners, consultants and suppliers when engaged in UK offshore tasks.
- Take a proactive role in the formulation of future strategic objectives of the UK offshore business and the Round 4 bid.
- Work with the R4 bid strategy manager to assemble a compelling bid for the Crown Estate’s Round 4 process.
- Lead, motivate and retain members of the internal and external bid team.
- Act as line manager to members of the offshore team with HR to complete performance management requirements.
- Prepare and manage program, budgets as required.
- Recruit and mange internal team members and consultants as required.
- On bid award, act as general manager for the successful joint venture, with responsibility for all commercial and project delivery tasks
- Attendance of a Joint venture board meeting to report on progress to date and mitigation of key project risks
- Act as point of contact with the Planning Inspectorate , Crown estate and other key stakeholders throughout the Round 4 bidding and project development phases.
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in relation to environmental, planning and stakeholder issues, including sign off for all written submissions as required
- Management of specialist consultants and advisors including determination of scopes of work, contractor appointment and interpretation of advice received.
- Coordination of any press releases and media coverage as required
- Represent the business at Industry Forums, such as RUK Consents and Licensing Group
- Ensure effective communication between partners and other colleagues (eg in finance, engineering, H&S) to ensure projects are designed and developed to be practical, efficient and safe, that EIAs and consent applications are adequately scoped and that all consents received are fit for purpose.
- Understanding, promotion and adherence to all relevant health and safety regulations and policies in undertaking all activities.
- Respond and contribute to external studies/research as appropriate.
- Inform colleagues about relevant legislation, guidance and associated implications in relation to environmental issues affecting UK offshore development
The candidate must be equipped with a broad range of commercial, project management environmental and consenting management skills and applied offshore wind experience, including a proven track record in project management and/or offshore wind regulatory experience. Must be qualified to degree level and familiarity with the UK offshore wind programme and Round 4 requirements are essential. The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- Experienced senior leader in the offshore wind sector.
- Strong commercial, program management and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead , inspire and motivate disparate teams, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all times.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluency in English.