The Project Director will be accountable for the execution of offshore wind farms by managing the commercial, legal, and technical aspects of the project lifecycle. This position reports directly to Executive Team, but is required to interface closely project staff and JV stakeholders.
- Responsible for the overall performance on safety, costs, time schedule, staffing, resources, quality, risk management, procurement, financing, stakeholder management, compliance/integrity of the Project.
- Ensures project execution plan is developed, actively managed, reviewed and corrected and utilizes metrics to track progress and issue resolutions and results.
- Structures and negotiates contracts in line with the Board's principles, strategic objectives and risk profile.
- Ensures close coordination with Operations team through commissioning, integration and documentation phases for successful handover upon completion.
- Develops assignments, timetables, and responsibilities for team members, provides general oversight of all project management activities and ensures the project team functions smoothly and efficiently.
- Adequately resources the project to ensure safety, quality, and long-term profitability of the project during operations.
- Develops and manages project risk mitigation tools.
- Manages project stakeholders.
- Ensures management of all contractors including their deliveries, contracts, claims and variations.
- Prepares progress reports and proposals to the JV Partners, including scope, budget and timeline changes.
- Secures and continuously captures and implements best practices and lessons learned for the project.
- Ensures compliance to all conditions in the financial agreements with lenders and financial institutions; Process
- Together with the project team liaises and manages local stakeholders;
- Ensures robust adherence to project governance;
- Acts as a lead representative of the project in front of government, public and private entities.
Education, Certifications, Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading high performing, cross functional construction teams for offshore wind farm projects;
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Technical Field;
- Competence equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP;
- Strong background in engineering, operations and construction activities;
- Demonstrated experience and ability in managing and delivering a successful project, organizing project teams, setting expectations and managing results;
- Full understanding of project cost control, scheduling, and project financing.
Strengths and Abilities
- Superior Skills in the negotiation and management of construction and equipment supply contracts;
- Strong Project Management skills with a broad understanding of planning and scheduling, progress reporting, contracting terms, issues, and change management;
- Strong working knowledge of environmental, health and safety laws and regulations for offshore projects;
- Proven ability to collaborate with construction teams and engage an established network of consultants and contractors;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; relates to a variety of styles and can build trust and consensus in a team.
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams working in different locations and time zones.