Project Lead Cost Controller
A Project Lead Cost Controller is required to work for a leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer. The role will be based in London.
- The Project Lead Cost Controller will be required to Lead the Implementation & maintenance of the offshore business cost control system/process of the project
- Coordinating the work of the project cost control team and liaising with procurement and/or Package Managers/Budget Holders to determine committed expenditure, update/interrogate current budget assumptions and produce the Projects best estimate of cost at completion
- Liaising with the Project Manager, Project Planner, Risk Manager and Change Manager in order to understand project issues and anticipate (and mitigate) their impact on the project's budget
- Supporting the month-end value of work done (accruals/prepayments) process
- Leading the month-end financial reporting process including variance cost analysis reporting
- Compiling on a quarterly basis the project's VoWD plan/forecast and explaining any deviations from such forecast
- Reporting to the Project Management team and the Business Financial department updates on key metrics and deliverables.
- Leading the project's cash flow reporting and forecasting process
- Providing ad-hoc cost control support to the Project, creating and maintaining WBS structures
- Purchase requisition and Order Approval (from a cost control perspective, i.e. coding and budget)
- Commitment reporting and closing PO's and month end processes
- Dealing with VoWD and manual accruals requests, as well as cost variance analysis report
- Project monthly report and forecasting processes
- Creating forecasts and change control processes
- Creating and maintaining budget availability and Ad-hoc cash flow reporting
- Responsible for local content expenditure reporting
- Local Content expenditure reporting resources
- Significant experience in Cost Control of Offshore Wind projects or alternatively in large capital projects
- Excellent Excel skills and proven significant SAP experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent qualifications / experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence at various levels of an organisation
- Proven significant experience of IT applications (SAP, Microsoft Office, Document Management Systems)
- Proven significant experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in managing a team Key Interfaces such as Project Cost Control Teams, Project Controls Managers, Business Control Department, Package Managers/Budget Holders, Project Change manager, Project Planner.