PV Grid Connection Manager – USA
Opportunity for an experienced renewable energy Grid Connection Manager to join an international solar IPP focused on utility-scale projects throughout the US.
The Grid Connection Manager will be responsible for the interconnection of a multi-GW pipeline of solar projects, considering and responding in accordance with the requirements of Utilities.
Florida is the preferred location for this position, with remote working from other states on the U.S. east coast also to be considered.
- Supervise basic/detailed engineering and applicable regulations of interconnection infrastructure (HV lines and substations)
- Report periodically to European HQ and U.S HQ in Florida on the construction progress and management
- Interact with Utilities and System Operators to ensure the smooth and successful interconnection of PV generation facilities
- Manage compliance with the grid codes applicable to each generation facility
- Validate simulation models vs measurements
- Conduct electrical studies, grid connection studies, grid codes compliance, transient stability, short circuit, design of power evacuation equipment etc.
- Monitor compliance with infrastructure HSE and quality standards
- Commissioning of plant control, reactive power capability, active power/frequency control and voltage/reactive power control
- Coordinate with development department in the processing of interconnection applications
- Engineering degree or related academic background
- Demonstrable experience leading the interconnection of renewable energy power generation facilities
- Native level English language skills; additional Spanish beneficial
- Strong experience and knowledge of required computer software and programs, including MS Office, PVSyst, AutoCAD, and MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in an autonomous manner
- Ability to live and work on US east coast, ideally Florida