Regulatory Affairs Manager
Opportunity for a Regulatory Affairs Manager working for one of the world's leading offshore wind developers.
This is a permanent staff position based in London.
The Regulatory Affairs Manager is responsible for managing current and future regulatory risk through identification, monitoring and acting on regulatory and compliance issues associated with operating in the UK electricity market, with particular emphasis on the Renewables sector.
The role is responsible for identifying key issues which would impact the business in the UK in the future (0 - 3y) and determining how to best influence the external environment to ensure continued alignment with business interests at all stages of development.
- Identify, and where appropriate, engage with Government Departments (eg BEIS, DEFRA, Treasury), National Grid, Ofgem, Trade Associations and other relevant industry bodies to promote the business and form strategic alliances in support of business objectives and to identify direction of travel.
- Identify and influence external stakeholders to ensure business interests and commercial position are well represented and understood at an early stage.
- Representation of company at decision making industry fora.
- Support external and internal analysis to develop company view of market and policy developments to influence external environment.
- Identify relevant policy and regulatory risk and opportunities
- Establish and maintain stakeholder map to identity key regional and national stakeholders, to maintain relationship
- Identify and coordinate relevant analysis in support of the business with view to reducing regulatory risk or taking advantage of opportunities
- Identify relevant issues for the development of the business planning and strategy in the UK market
- Support key relationships within the business with regulatory, market and policy developments to ensure consistency of approach at external meetings.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues in other business units to ensure consistency in approaches to regulatory stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with Stakeholder and Comms team to ensure consistency of regulatory and policy approach.
- Provide regular briefings and reports on background and assumptions to external regulatory view of the energy market.
- Communicate effectively to senior stakeholders on the external regulatory view and break down technical details into understandable and actionable strategies
- Possess editorial skills to create sharp responses to difficult issues using our in-house tone of voice
- The role is responsible for management and PDD of team.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject (economics, law, policy).
- Strong experience in a regulated sector, preferably in UK electricity and gas.
- Management experience running teams of specialists.
- Further degree in a relevant subject. (desirable).
- previous experience in an operation or commercial role. (desirable).
- Deep understanding of the energy and renewable energy sector. (desirable).
- Significant experience, including managerial experience, in a similar role in an energy company or utility with in-depth knowledge of frameworks and regulation (a government or regulatory position would also be acceptable).
- Performed independent analytical work and communicated to non-specialist audience.
- Experience in a commercial position (e.g. Market Development or Origination) (desirable).
- Comfortable working with economic models and a range of statistical and quantitative techniques (desirable).
- Understanding of financial valuation and business models (desirable).
Skills & Aptitudes
- Understanding and assessment how policy implementation can affect a business and experience of working cooperatively across an organisation.
- Strong analytical capability, comfortable working in Excel and with large datasets and Powerpoint for internal reporting and external presentations.
- Strong ability to communicate analytical results to non-specialists.
- Experience of working within a matrix management structure (desirable).
- Understand and intimately assess how policy implementation can affect a business and experience of working cooperatively across an organisation (desirable).
- Strong analytical capability, comfortable working in Excel and with large datasets and PowerPoint for internal reporting and external presentations (desirable).
- Strong ability to communicate analytical results to non-specialists (desirable).
- Thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders (desirable).