Senior Category Manager BoP
Senior BoP Manager working across portfolio of international offshore wind projects for a leading offshore wind developer.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Hamburg or the UK.
The Senior Category Manager BoP is responsible for leveraging the company's fast-growing portfolio on a global level by ensuring consistent management of all BoP proposals and BoP contracts, having oversight of the contract management process for BoP packages, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. The Senior Category Manager BoP requires close collaboration with the main foundations, T&I and cables suppliers and the various internal departments such as the technical departments, legal and risk & insurance management. The role requires to support the projects on a global level, keeping the oversight, but also assisting projects and the local BoP package managers on a hands-on manner. The focus of the role is mainly offshore wind but can be extended to onshore wind as well.
- Support to develop and execute negotiation strategies for BoP packages that minimise potential losses and benefit the organisation's financial performance.
- Drive interfaces with other BoP contracts to maximise value.
- Spend, claims and variations management and supplier performance management
- Ensure that all contracting and procurement matters are in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, procurement- and HSSEQ policies and value drivers of the company.
- Support developing road map strategy for BoP Supply and Procurement and support Management in bringing down the LCoE and increasing NPV.
- Lead relationships with key T&I, foundations and cable suppliers.
- Develop standards for BoP procurement and contract management in Construction.
- BoP contract negotiations in cooperation with package managers.
- Training of new procurement managers on new projects.
- Ensure continuous improvement and knowledge sharing is captured and brought from project to project and is reflected in the contracts.
- Significant relevant experience in the offshore wind industry is essential.
- A relevant University degree or equal, with demonstrable experience working on high value CAPEX procurement projects.
- Alternatively, a background within operational offshore balance of plant contract execution combined with relevant procurement or commercial related education and experience.
- Experience in driving business with large spend suppliers in an international environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of wind projects FIDIC contracts would be a distinct advantage.
- Good negotiation experience on a range of offshore balance of plant (foundations, T&I, cables etc.) contracts or standard forms of contract (FIDIC etc.).
- Knowledge of project management processes and experience of driving change towards lean processes and ensures adoption and improvement of defined standards.
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written. As a person you are a strategic thinker with win-win mindset, an effective communicator with superior interpersonal skills, proven commercial mindset and an excellent ability to build networks.
- Willingness to international travel is required.
- Methodical and organised: you naturally work in a methodical way and relish the opportunity to add structure and order to your work. This will help with the competing priorities you will be managing
- Collaborative: You build relationships easily and enjoy working as a team to get things done
- Diligent: Your solid attention to detail will ensure that project documentation is accurate and you follow up with others where needed to ensure outstanding information or actions are complete
- Independent: You are an independent thinker and naturally set your own timescales and milestones to ensure you meet your objectives. You know when you need to ask for help and are comfortable doing so
- Flexible: You are agile in your approach to your work and in working hours, after all you will be working alongside colleagues in other countries
- Pragmatic: You are hands on and love getting involved in the detail
- Able to communicate at a high level in English both with internal and external stakeholders