Senior Category Manager- BoP
Taylor Hopkinson is seeking an experienced Senior Category Manager to join a global power producer and leader in developing and operating clean green power infrastructure assets.
The Senior Category Manager BoP is responsible for a fast-growing portfolio on a global level by ensuring consistent management of all proposals and contracts, oversight of the contract management process for packages, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management.
It is a Full-Time staff role based in Hamburg, Germany. (Location flexible)
- Support to develop and execute negotiation strategies for BoP packages that minimize potential losses and benefit the organization's financial performance.
- Drive interfaces with other BoP contracts to maximize value.
- Spend, claims and variations management and supplier performance management.
- Ensure that all contracting and procurement matters are in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, procurement- and HSSEQ policies and value drivers.
- Support developing road map strategy for BoP Supply and Procurement and support Management in bringing down the LCoE and increasing NPV.
- Lead relationships with key T&I, foundations, and cable suppliers.
- Develop standards for BoP procurement and contract management in Construction.
- BoP contract negotiations in cooperation with package managers.
- Training of new procurement managers on new projects.
- Ensure continuous improvement and knowledge sharing is captured and brought from project to project and is reflected in the contracts.
- University degree or equal, with experience working on high value CAPEX procurement projects, preferably in large industrial renewables projects.
- Background within operational offshore balance of plant contract execution combined with relevant procurement or commercial related education and experience.
- Experience in driving business with large spend suppliers in an international environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of wind projects FIDIC contracts would be a distinct advantage.
- Good negotiation experience on a range of offshore balance of plant (foundations, T&I, cables etc.) contracts or standard forms of contract (FIDIC etc.).
- Knowledge of project management processes and experience of driving change towards lean processes and ensures adoption and improvement of defined standards.
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written. As a person you are a strategic thinker with win-win mindset, an effective communicator with superior interpersonal skills, proven commercial mindset and an excellent ability to build networks
- Willingness to international travel is required.