Senior Civil Governance Engineer
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar,Storage
Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively engaged by a global leader in renewable energy development to appoint a Senior Civil Governance Engineer to their UK & Ireland business.
This is a key hire for the business in providing civil engineering discipline leadership for wind, solar and storage projects across the full asset lifecycle from origination to decommissioning.
- Provide civil and structural engineering leadership and expertise relating to design, operation and maintenance of a utility scale portfolio of wind, solar and storage projects across the UK & Ireland.
- Provide civil and structural technical support and engineering governance for the central technical team and the wider business.
- Support the development and implementation of civil engineering specifications and procedures.
- Ensure all civil and structural activities undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements and internal HSEQ, engineering and design management procedures.
- Manage and review the work of external civil engineers, contractors and consultants and ensure they deliver the contracted services to the required quality.
- Support training and mentoring for staff working with civil infrastructure associated with renewable energy and storage projects.
- Support the investigation of new and emerging technologies, materials, and techniques in the civil and structural engineering fields.
- Degree in relevant subject.
- Chartered or working towards chartership (MICE).
- Demonstrable experience in a civils role with a consultancy, advisor, utility or developer, ideally within the renewables sector.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, environment, and quality with NEBOSH or IOSH (or equivalent) desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build successful relationships with external partners, peers, stakeholders and reporting line.
- Flexibility to travel around the UK and overseas as required.
- Full UK driving licence.