Senior Construction Project Manager, North America
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained by a global renewable energy investor and asset owner to lead the critical hire of its Senior Construction Project Manager, North America.
Initially managing the delivery of a 140MWac solar project, the Senior Construction PM will quickly inherit several utility-scale solar and onshore wind projects throughout North America, with responsibility for the portfolio's timely, safe, and profitable delivery.
The successful candidate will partner closely with the Global Construction Director and will collaborate regularly with the company's executive team.
This position can be based anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Lead the safe, timely, and profitable delivery of a portfolio of utility-scale onshore wind, solar, and energy storage projects throughout the US and Canada
- Perform quality checks of works and services
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with various internal and external stakeholders both on and off-site
- Perform as the interface between technical and non-technical professionals
- Manage HSE planning compliance on each project
- Ensure design review process for the EPC design is performed and actioned in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare weekly and monthly project update reports, presenting to colleagues and senior management as required
- Perform as the first point of contact on site for subcontractors and additional thid parties
- Engage and lead in discussions and negotiations with equipment suppliers as required
- Travel to project sites throughout Canada and the US as required
- Degree education in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications
- 5+ years' progressive professional renewable energy construction and project management experience
- Onshore wind construction experience is preferred, as is experience working for a leading EPC firm
- Proven record of successfully leading the delivery of utility-scale (100MW+) onshore wind and/or solar projects in the US or Canada
- Detailed knowledge of all stages of the life cycle for utility-scale renewable energy projects, particularly through development, construction, interconnection, and commissioning
- Full understanding of HSE requirements for utility-scale renewable energy project construction
- Demonstrable track record of delivering high quality, timely projects with minimal accidents/incidents and in line with budgetary requirements/estimations
- Able and willing to travel to sites in Canada and the US on a regular basis (one week on, one week off)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Well versed across MS Office products
- Assertive, articulate, communicative and team-orientated