Senior Market Analyst
Our client is looking to appoint a Senior Market Analyst for its Offshore New Markets team to identify growing offshore wind markets and to secure significant projects in these markets. This person will contribute to the expansion of the company's global offshore renewable energy footprint.
The office is based in Edinburgh, but the location is flexible depending on candidate preference with some international and regular in-country/European travel.
- Working with regional and local development teams, to identify new markets that show high growth potential for offshore wind and work with the Offshore New Markets Manager & Head of Offshore to develop budgets/ time lines to support the offshore business plan and prepare background papers/ reports to secure all necessary approvals.
- Leading in research of new markets, identifying the need for third party input to site selection/ market entry papers, obtaining suitable information, assessing ad-hoc greenfield, acquisition opportunities and partnerships.
- Agreeing market entry recommendations with Offshore New Markets Manager, Head of Offshore & Regional GM's and co-ordinate across offshore markets, deputising for the Offshore New Markets Manager as required.
- Act as Bid manager for major bids as required, lead in the preparation and submission of tenders, bids, industry responses etc.
- Lead project due diligence in new markets and the preparation of necessary board papers for the internal approval process.
- Support in the preparation and management of budgets for offshore new markets activities and attend industry events to build presence and network in new markets.
- Liaise closely with the commercial, engineering, procurement and EAG teams to produce financial analysis as required.
- Support in the optimisation of development processes, lessons learned and any updates to support our Global Design Standard enhancement.
- Degree qualified with experience in Offshore Wind Industry across life cycle of offshore winds developments preferred.
- Highly organised, commercially astute with an ability to build relationships across the company and with external partners,
- Experience in site selection, analysis, reporting, budgeting, approval processes and contributing to and managing bids submissions.
- Experience in working with international suppliers and/or consultants.
- Excellent networking skills and strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Relishes challenge, and takes a positive, hands on, "can do" approach to all tasks willingness to travel to new markets.
- English skills are essential, and a second language would be an advantage.