Senior Offshore Structural Engineer
The Senior Offshore Structural Engineer will be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out a global offshore wind team for one of the world's leading energy businesses. This team will develop & execute projects in the UK & US as well forming a global centre of excellence for a rapidly growing offshore wind portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible).
As a Senior Offshore Structural Engineer you will report to the Civil and Geotechnical Engineering Manager and work on new offshore wind projects and operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the design and analysis, fabrication, and installation of offshore and wind turbine jacket/monopile structures.
- Ensuring safe and cost efficient design and operation throughout asset life.
- Ensuring the integrity management of producing assets.
- Ensuring design and operations are in accordance with technical practices and performance standards.
- Quantifying and communicating risk to relevant stakeholders.
- Oversight and relationship management of third-party suppliers and contractors.
- Communicate risks and opportunities for improved personal and asset performance.
- Understanding of the interfaces between engineering disciplines and associated equipment.
- Understanding and contribution of the policy to deliver lower carbon solutions to the World's energy needs.
- Respresentation in relevant industry bodies.
- Participate in mentoring and coaching by actively sharing your expertise and experience with team members.
- Degree in structural or civil engineering or in a closely aligned discipline.
- Chartered structural or civil engineer or chartered status in closely aligned.
- Strong technical skills and significant proven experience in the design, construction, or integrity management of offshore wind energy structures.
Other desirable skills/experience:
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, project management, design drawings, management of change, loadout / installation / removal, risk assessment and performance management, inspection, maintenance & repair strategies and process safety.