Senior Onshore Civil Engineer
The Senior Onshore Civil Engineer will be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out a global offshore wind team for one of the world's leading energy businesses. This team will develop & execute projects in the UK & US as well forming a global centre of excellence for a rapidly growing offshore wind portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible).
As a Senior Onshore Civil Engineer you will report to the Civil and Geotechnical Engineering Manager and work on new offshore wind projects and operations.
- Supervising the design and construction of onshore & nearshore civil engineering infrastructure in support of offshore wind projects, including port facilities, dry docks, casting yards, cable landfalls, shore protection works, reclamation and earthworks, foundations, pavements, utilities, substations, control buildings, and other infrastructure.
- Providing civil engineering expertise and experience to projects and operations in order to support in achieving its net zero ambition through delivery of the strategy.
- Supporting conceptual development studies and site selection activities.
- Adhering to code of conduct, ethics and compliance rules, and values & behaviours.
- Actively contributing to the civil engineering community of practice to share knowledge and learnings.
- Ensuring safe and cost-efficient design and integrity management throughout asset life.
- Ensuring design and operations are in accordance with technical practices and performance standards.
- Quantifying and communicating risks to relevant stakeholders to ensure they are understood, controlled, and continuously reduced across the business.
- Maintain relationships with third party suppliers, contractors, and other stakeholders such as utility companies.
- Representation of in relevant industry working groups and committees.
- Participate in mentoring and coaching by actively sharing expertise and experience with team members.
- Degree in civil engineering.
- Appropriate professional accreditation (e.g. Chartered civil engineer, P.E. status, or chartered status in closely aligned discipline).
- Significant, proven experience in the design, construction or integrity management of civil engineering infrastructure for the offshore wind and other renewables industry.
- Broad general civil engineering expertise including the following areas:
- Conceptual and detailed design of onshore structures, foundations, and civil engineering works.
- Conceptual and detailed design of maritime works including reclamation and shore protection works.
- Construction, inspection, and integrity management of onshore and maritime structures.
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards used for civil engineering infrastructure.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to use strong technical skills to think strategically and provide powerful insights.