Senior Project Developer
Taylor Hopkinson are working with a leading international IPP (Independent Power Producer) to continue helping them with the build out of their office and team in the USA market. Headquartered in Europe, the company have an enviable track record in the industry, developing solar and wind farms across international markets for more than a decade.
Due to continued plans for growth in the USA, they are seeking to further increase their headcount and are looking to hire a Senior Project Developer with responsibility for the full project development from origination and securing of land, project acquisitions, due diligence, permitting, grid connection and sourcing of investors or funding.
- Responsibilities will include all project development aspects from greenfield to NTP, including but not limited to market analysis, site acquisition, permitting, interconnection, off-take sourcing and handover.
- Present a comprehensive portfolio investment strategy to be approved by the company’s shareholders.
- Create detailed project scopes, budgets and timelines and manage projects accordingly.
- Manage internal and external resources to complete development milestones, including sourcing and negotiating contracts with qualified vendors and service providers.
- Find, screen and secure favorable project sites with low risk and ideal grid interconnection.
- Coordinate power marketing activities and lead negotiations to secure favorable off-take agreements.
- Research and coordinate all required permitting, entitlements and due diligence.
- Manage interconnection applications, studies, and negotiation of interconnection agreements.
- Identify desirable M&A opportunities that meet the company’s investment or divestment goals.
- Organize project documents carefully for the benefit of internal and external parties.
- Support financing and construction teams as needed.
- The candidate must have a demonstrable track record in developing renewable energy projects in the USA, ideally within solar PV and/or energy storage
- Ideally the candidate will be familiar with the markets of ERCOT, MISO, and PJM.
- Fluency in English is a must with Spanish being a desirable.
- The candidate should be willing to travel extensively to complete their duties.