Senior Subsea Cables Project Engineer
Opportunity for a Senior Subsea Cable Project Engineer to work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farm projects.
The role will involve working on several projects simultaneously and will suit an ambitious and progressive Senior Engineer who is able to work under their own initiative and wants to be part of a developing organisation. The role will allow good career progression opportunities either in a technical or a managerial role in the future.
This is a full time staff role, location flexible.
- Deputy Cable Package Management.
- Cable route engineering, planning, and cable burial risk assessment works.
- Cable route survey management and supervision.
- Cable installation burial and protection studies.
- Landfall appraisal technical studies.
- Detailed analysis of cable related issues, typical examples being scour assessment or cable failures.
- Conducting and overseeing engineering reviews on Marine Warranty cable projects.
- R&D projects to position the company at the technical edge.
- Market Intelligence and supplier engagement.
- Supporting (as assigned by the Line Manager) the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders and proposals.
- Collaborating with other disciplines and team members across the company.
- Assisting in developing designs and specifications for cable construction projects.
- Attending regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensuring all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures, and policies, develop in-house tools and procedures supporting the cable team growth.
- Relevant professional experience as a consultant, client, or a contractor with an emphasis on the project management or technical delivery of Subsea cable projects, route engineering studies and subsea cable installation.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in cable route engineering procedures and feasibility desk top studies.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in cable landing techniques (HDD/Open cut trenching).
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in cable burial and protection.
- Knowledge of Dynamic cables for floating offshore wind applications.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter.
- Site experience offshore on-board Cable Installation Vessels.
- Recognisable qualification in Engineering, specialising in Mechanical, Naval Architecture, Subsea or Civil Engineering (or similar).
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Ideally proficient in Orcaflex and ArcGIS with CBRA Knowledge.
- Ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques.