Senior Wind Analyst
Opportunity for a Senior Wind Analyst to lead all aspects of wind resource and energy yield modelling across a growing portfolio of wind energy assets.
The role will take responsibility for providing inputs to the finance department, design & operation teams and board level executives on business critical decisions relating to asset operations, project development and potential future opportunities.
This is a full-time staff role based in Edinburgh.
- Responsible for all aspects of wind resource assessment across the company portfolio, potential projects and acquisitions.
- Manage the portfolio of collected wind data from the different measuring sources.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of measured wind data, including data from both meteorological masts and LiDAR units.
- Design WTG layouts and provide support to determine project capacity.
- Undertake wind farm modelling, energy production estimates, assess technical losses and perform uncertainty assessments.
- Provide technical support and advice on wind resource assessment to inform WTG selection.
- Manage wind resource assessment contracts and budgets, liaise with contractors and prepare tender documents and evaluate technical bids.
- Provide technical advice to support projects and new business opportunities, including performing due diligence and review of third-party analysis reports of onshore and offshore wind farm projects for their potential acquisition.
- Develop and improve the Company's wind resource 'knowhow' by both technical methods and identification of industry best practice and by submission of conference papers and participation in working groups/ steering committees in areas which benefit the Company.
- Demonstrable experience in a wind analyst role performing independent assessment of wind resource and energy yield calculations according to industry best practice.
- Detailed understanding of losses and uncertainties and the latest industry best practice for wind resource assessment and energy yield calculations for onshore and offshore wind projects.
- Experience of performing due diligence reviews of third party energy yield assessments.
- Experience of site suitability assessments for WTG selection including assessment of turbulence intensity.
- Experience of WTG layout design optimisation and of LiDAR and FLiDAR.
- Knowledge of and experience in programming languages (e.g. Matlab) is a plus.
- Some experience of providing inputs to the Basis of Design of offshore WTG and WTG substructures would be beneficial.
- Experience of procedures for power curve testing (including the use of nacelle/ TP mounted LiDAR would be beneficial.
- Masters or relevant equivalent in appropriate subject (such as Meteorology, Aeronautics, Astronautics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Engineering).
- Relevant qualifications or experience of using modelling software and analysis tools (such as, WAsP, WaSP Engineering, Windfarmer) and wake models and more complex models such as FUGA and CFD. Should be proficient in use of wind data analysis tools such as Windographer.