Site Investigations Package Manager / Hydrographic Surveyor
A Marine Survey Package Manager is required for a long-term contract in Taiwan, working on behalf of a leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer.
- To assist in project development, procurement and construction activities for the Taiwanese wind project.
- Reporting and working closely alongside the Construction Manager, you will work together with project contractors, advisors and team member to manage the offshore, near shore and Coastal survey activities
- Take responsibility and manage all survey activities for the project.
- UXO offshore, near shore and coastal surveys.
- Management of delivery of UXO clearance certificates
- Any further investigation of UXO work that is resulting out of the above (taking the work from tender phase to execution).
- Any required geotechnical surveys that arise (Geotech support would be provided).
- Any coastal monitoring surveys that might be needed.
- Provide input and review to contractor's survey procedures, ensure risk mitigation process is followed.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving operational construction related issues as they arise
- Provide support and advice to the Engineering GIS Manager with respect to inputs for the overall wind farm construction as built drawings.
- Review of fabrication and installation survey and dimensional control procedures if required and requested.
- Position to be based in Taiwan, Taipei
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent industrial experience
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar role managing offshore survey works within the energy sector.
- Previous experience of offshore wind construction projects will be of benefit
- In-depth understanding of relevant technical field
- In-depth knowledge and experience within hydrographic survey field
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to manage Survey issues
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Mandarin (spoken an advantage)