Solar Engineering Manager, Germany
Job ID 15942
Opportunity for an experienced solar and/or energy storage professional to take on the role of Engineering Manager, Germany with a global IPP.
Collaborating with colleagues internationally, the Engineering Manager will join an established team, focused on providing technical support to colleagues throughout the organisation and at various stages of the project life cycle, covering multi-GW portfolios.
This position can be worked remotely from anywhere in Germany. We are also hiring the same role in several additional countries throughout Europe.
- Support the project development process across all technical aspects for projects in both Germany and internationally
- Support the assessment of new technologies
- Undertake Energy Yield Assessments and LCOE Optimisation Analysis for prospective projects
- Support Project Managers as needed across all technical aspects during construction
- Support the development of Basic Design, including SLDs and layouts
- Coordinate and manage Technical Advisers locally and internationally
- Review EPC contractor bids, reports, orders etc. to ensure compliance
- Undertake site visits as required, generally during greenfield and when under construction
- Degree in Engineering required
- 5+ years' solar experience in Germany
- Fluent in German and English languages
- Full driving license
- Good knowledge of PV generating technologies and related components
- Good knowledge of EPC/O&M contracts
- Experience undertaking EYA and good knowledge of factors affecting PV plant performance
- Experience with large-scale PV plants in Germany; international experience a plus
- Good knowledge of the main players in the industry