Survey Contracts Manager
Job ID 13635
Republic of Ireland
Republic of Ireland
Survey Contracts Manager required for an Offshore Wind Farm project, based in Ireland.
- Procurement and contract management activities relating to the operations and maintenance requirements of the project.
- This includes leading and administering the procurement process, defining and scoping the required works and client expectations, providing detailed pricing of the elements of works identified, defining contractual terms, negotiating pricing and commercial positions with potential suppliers and working closely with the package managers to assess and select suppliers.
- Additionally, the Contract Manager shall assist in the development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management.
- The Contract Manager requires close collaboration with the project members, suppliers and the various internal departments such as the technical departments, legal and risk & insurance management.
- Support to develop and execute negotiation strategies for the O&M category that minimise potential losses and benefit financial performance
- Define commercial terms and conditions of contract in conjunction with legal
- Ensure that all contracting, and procurement matters are in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, procurement- and HSSEQ policies
- Relevant University degree or equal, with minimum 5 years of experience working on high value CAPEX procurement projects, preferably in large industrial renewable projects.
- Ability to prioritise own and others' workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability to lead and manage large scopes of work in a delivery focused environment
- Communication skills - oral, written and electronic with all organisation levels and with external parties.
- Sound technical knowledge base with commercial/contract understanding
- Alternatively, a background within operational offshore logistics execution combined with relevant procurement or commercial related education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of wind projects FIDIC contracts would be a distinct advantage.