Technical Manager South Korea – Solar PV
Opportunity for a Korean Speaking Senior Engineer to join a global leading solar power plant developer company in Seoul.
- Verify initial design input information, system layout and substation location specified by project developer (or commercial personnel), execute the site survey works (including site visits to gather notes and take pictures of existing conditions to aid in the design).
- Mainly work for the complete design management and design for PV projects in pipeline - utility scale, floating, commercial, and ESS. Including: solar shading analysis, PV system solution comparison and selection, BOQ (Bill of Quantity), design optimization, design review, organizing detailed engineering design, make the technical specification of main equipment and labeling, etc.;
- Overall responsibility of technical consulting for PV and wind power project, including preparing the technical tender and bid documents, technical DD for project development, technical training for the business team, EPC bidding support; etc.;
- Study, collection, and make the assessment for the technical information from the suppliers, competitors, and provide the competitive solutions;
- Establish the Korean standards database, Interpretation and implementation of relevant standards, ensure all the designs has relevant standards (international or Korean) to follow and in line with the actual project practices;
- Provide project managers and commercial personnel with engineering support as needed, including on-site technical supports for the project construction works, review the drawings according to the actual site conditions, grid impact study, and COD issues, etc.;
- Completion of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or postgraduate degree in PV energy, Wind power, Electric Engineering, Electric automatization or related discipline preferred, and have strong verbal / written communication skills in English
- Design experiences in well-known new energy designing institute, work in the well-known Korea or international renewable energy enterprise related to renewable energy, For example PV, Wind, floating PV or storage system;
- Familiarity with MV/HV substation design and grid interconnection processes, any additional experiences with estimating and designing electrical (primary and secondary design) systems is preferred, have basic understanding of construction and structural theories is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously, Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial, ability to make decisions and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Competence in AutoCAD (work with project teams to provide technical assistance and design services for proposals including putting together Solar PV module layouts using AutoCAD showing module location, shading buffer, fencing, etc.) and PVsyste is mandatory requirements, well versed in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PPT;
- Understand the grid impact study processes and relevant simulation model (such as PSSE, PSCAD, Digsilent, PSLF, ETAP) ;
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies soon;
- Valid driver's license, adapt to short-term and frequent business trip requirements
- Renewables & Environment
- Project Management