Wind Project Manager
Wind Project Manager required to join the Edinburgh office of an established independent developer of subsidy free onshore wind and solar renewable energy projects.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in EIA, planning or project management and a desire to work in the development of renewable energy schemes. You will join an experienced team and support the progression of number of onshore windfarms across Scotland from site identification through the planning process to consent and construction. They have approximately fifteen projects in the pipeline, ranging in scale from 20MW to 100MW.
- Undertake early-stage assessment of onshore projects to identify and appraise, planning, environmental, technical and commercial constraints and issues which may affect the suitability of a site for wind energy development.
- Manage the relationship with landowners ensuring the project has all the necessary rights it requires and the relationship remains commercial and supportive.
- Oversee and manage the consultants engaged to carry out the EIA and planning submission including liaising with local authorities, consenting bodies and statutory agencies as required.
- Liaise with inhouse technical team on all technical matters impacting the development.
- Appraise and monitor technical, planning, grid, land, environmental and commercial issues and/or constraints at all stages of the development of projects, including managing the resolution and mitigation of arising issues.
- Prepare and implement a stakeholder relations strategy for individual projects, including liaison with the public, community groups, elected members, and the media.
- Monitor current planning and environmental legislative and policy issues that may affect the company's development activities, communicating this within the company and managing the preparation of responses as appropriate.
- Work in accordance with the company's agreed procedures for monitoring project development and recording risk, including maintenance of Risk Registers, Project Plans, Project Budgets, Project related Financial Models, and Project Summary Sheet.
- Alert the Management team of the Company (as necessary) to any project related issues which might impact on cost, permitting commercial project programme or budgets.
- Degree qualified in a planning, surveying, engineering or environmental discipline.
- MRTPI or RICS membership is desirable but not essential
- Experience supporting the planning and management of projects in the renewable energy or power sectors
- Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills
- Enthusiastic attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A flexible attitude to work and the ability to travel regularly throughout the UK at short notice
- Full UK driving licence