WTG Electrical engineer
A WTG Electrical Design Engineer is required to work for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer. The role will be based in Paris
- As the WTG Electrical Design engineer, you will be charge and supervise the electrical commissioning activities for the WTG package.
- Secure progress, and quality of commissioning activities, ensuring that works and deliverables comply with the required HSE, costs, quality & schedule.
- Ensure that the technical department's best practices are implemented.
- Compliance review of design standards, norms, state of the art, good engineering and industry practices, lessons learnt from other similar projects
- Review and validation of electrical design basis
- Management and follow-up of in-house and third party electrical detailed Design
- Interfaces design with other packages (sizing of electrical equipment)
- Interface with relevant project members
- Contractors Follow up
- Ensure required commissioning procedures and in particular for offshore tests, NCR, taking over installation and handover to O&M activities are produced,
- Review and comment WTG contractor's commissioning documentation and challenge the proposed commissioning plan and procedures,
- Participate in all relevant reviews such as early HAZOPs, HAZIDs, technical reviews, planning, organisation, contract, etc.)
- Deep involvement in HSE daily procedures
- Review the WTG Contractor's Commissioning Plan and associated procedures to coordinate the commissioning activities related to electrical activities,
- Ensure that the commissioning activities are carried out according to the contracts and optimised with regards to time, costs & QHSE,
- Ensure human resources, services and tools required to perform the work have been identified and are mobilised on due time by the WTG contractor,
- Instruct and coordinate on-site inspections,
- Participate actively in interfaces management with other parties,
- Participate actively in the HSE and Quality aspects regarding commissioning activities and risk assessment and reviews and provide recommendations to the project regarding risks and opportunities related to the commissioning activities,
- Ensure reporting to the WTG Package Technical Lead and Commissioning Manager regarding the commissioning activities,
- Ensure internal lessons learnt sessions are performed and actions are implemented in order to optimise the commissioning,
- Be familiar with the specific WTG contracts clauses relative to or potentially impacting the commissioning activities.