WTG Operations Engineer
The WTG Operations Engineer is the central point of contact for technical topics relating to the operation of the wind turbine fleet.
This role will be responsible for the definition, optimisation and implementation of maintenance and repair concepts as well as the development and implementation of necessary repair campaigns and retrofits.
This is a permanent role based in Germany.
- Extensive subject-specific analyses and evaluation of technical damage with regards to warranty by suppliers based on in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure.
- Investigation and clarification of complex faults and damage to systems or components (root cause analysis).
- Definition and processing of individual maintenance, inspection, repair and retrofit tasks, including support of the purchasing process.
- Creation of maintenance and repair documentation, as well as in general, transfer of experience and knowledge.
- Management of the allocated WTG operating budget while analysing sustainable cost savings.
- Identification and evaluation of risks, technical or operational in nature, around WTG and work carried out on it, as well as derivation of measures for risk minimisation.
- Participation in ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and rules as well as the operating license, project-specific (re-) certification and compliance with all necessary official requirements.
- Management of the corresponding service contracts for maintenance and servicing as well as the securing of warranty claims against suppliers with regard to technical damage.
- Identification, concept development and implementation of synergies across the wind farms of the European and entire offshore fleet.
- Management of effective cooperation within the wider organisation to optimise processes and the entire value chain (Global Engineering, Analytics & Digital).
- High degree of understanding and identification with the rules of occupational safety.
- Degree or similar qualification in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical.
- Solid expertise in the field of wind turbines and relevant professional experience working with offshore wind.
- Detailed operational experience in the field of maintenance and repair of wind turbines.
- Good experience with SCADA systems, as well as other technical remote support systems is an advantage
- Commercial understanding and experience in contract negotiations.
- Expertise on the relevant German standards and guidelines.