Leading offshore wind developer seeking to recruit a Document Controller on a long-term basis based in the UK.
- Manage the implementation of the Document Management System within the project team and all the project contractors.
- Act as administrator for the Document Management System under direction of the Quality Manager.
- Ensure all the project Team members and contractors use the project numbering system correctly.
- Ensure records are of good quality i.e. are readable, suitably numbered and issued with the project numbers in a timely manner.
- Ensure stored project documents can be located when requested by users through suitable document registers and the Document Management System.
- Create and maintain a Document Management System general user guide (activities).
- Provide access to Document Management System to the project team and external users (keep a register) and assist users to with system functionality and use.
- Ensure the Document Management Plan is followed by all users (internal and as applicable external).
- Upload the current documentation on Document Management System (includes changing the filename to the appropriate format) and keep track on the documents uploaded on Document Management System (part of Master Document register).
- Request an account to the Document Management System Helpdesk for every originator of the numbering system in order to upload the documents they wish to submit.
- Maintain an accurate/up to date list of Document Management System users including security restrictions in line with Document Management Plan.
- Make sure the Document Management System Restriction/Security Settings are aligned with Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Develop a Document Management System procedure which will be part of the Document Management Plan
- Liaise with the Document Management System contractor development team to potentially improve the functionalities and the suitability of the platform for the benefit of the project.
- Maintain a Master document register using Excel to manage allocation of the project numbers and track documents uploaded (note could use one register i.e. MASTER Document Register for all the project documents).
- Provide and or arrange training for internal and external users of document management system.
- Understand the document management system security and backup strategy and share with Quality Manager
- Ensure consistency and quality of the project documents i.e. align with agreed format and quality (e.g. have correct content).
- Numbering and Allocation/Distribution.
- Provide project numbers and filename format to the project team and Contractors and maintain up-to-date the Master Document Register.
- Make sure the numbering system is used for all the project documents and liaise with all relevant people, such as Package Managers and Contractors to update allocated numbers using the old (previous) The project numbering system and circulate according with the project team.
- Liaise with contractors, third parties and the project team to locate documents and provide copies of requested documentation as necessary.
- Maintain a process to show users what they must submit for a document for loading into Document Management System including security restriction.
- Create a distribution matrix for types of document.
- Upon request from the project team convert generic documents to the project-format and load into Document Management. System with applicable number.
- Maintain up-to-date change Log register and work with the Quality Manager to make sure that the Change. Management Plan and Document Control Flowchart are followed.
- Define and gain approval with relevant the project team members work flows and review matrices for all documents (external and internal).
- Maintain up-to-date data room for the Vendor Due Diligence and liaise with the commercial team to make sure the requested documentation is provided in timely manner.
- Support the Interface Manager in maintaining the Interface Log register make sure the points discussed between the different Contractors about the Interface Responsibilities are included and tracked on to this Interface Log register.
- Regularly review the list of key project documents to maintain an up to date project file/register.
- Provide project templates, forms and registers to the project users upon request and maintain/update as agreed with Quality Manager.
- Maintain Document Management Plan, Document Control Flowchart and Document Numbering Procedure
- Maintain the project abbreviations list in discussions with all members of the project team.
- Provide Project Manager and Quality Manager with typically weekly reports on issues concerning document management, weekly list of documents received and issued, i.e. use of correct coding, numbering of documents and effectiveness of the document management system and issues needing escalation.
- Support and maintain the project HSE File.
- Qualified to a degree level (desired but not essential).
- Knowledge and experience of Excel and Database Management.
- Previous experience working within a project delivery team managing document management systems.
- Previous experience in Offshore Wind industry.
- Previous experience in eDMS software Aconex (desired but not essential).
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160