Taylor Hopkinson are supporting our client as they embark on the first stage of bringing France's offshore wind sector to life. We are searching for an experienced HSE Manager with experience of operating within France maritime regulations. This experience will also cover key aspects of the offshore wind construction phase, such as, heavy lifting offshore, crew transfers, installations, etc.
- Responsible for HSE&S management within the project
- The HSE&S Manager will support the Project Team in all aspects of HSE&S for the project to succeed in its ambition to reach Zero Harm
- Facilitate and actively engage to achieve the Zero Harm ambition across the Project
- Develop and maintain the Project specific HSE&S, Emergency Response and other plans and any associated documents and procedures. Monitor adherence to and take actions if deviations are noted
- Manage HSE activities within the Projects in line with Project Procedures, Employer’s requirements and the applicable legislation
- Advise Project Director, EPCI Director and EPCI Managers to guarantee effective support to the Project
- Organise Zero Harm workshops throughout the project execution phase for all involved parties to achieve the agreed Project KPI’s
- Develop, roll-out and maintain a HSE management system at project level:
- Establish the project HSE performance monitoring program: Leading and Lagging KPIs in compliance with Project procedures and Project Director’s requirements
- Manage HSE resource to ensure appropriate level of resource is deployed across packages and project sites
- Implement safety trainings and keep a register of such as appropriate across the Project
- Ensure that all HSE deliverables by Contractors are acceptable, in coordination with Package HSE Engineer
- Ensure Project Management involvement, for instance through weekly safety walks at jobsite
- Follow up the HSE statistics and monitor project HSE KPI’s.
- Ensure that Health and Safety information is efficiently communicated to team members and all other interested parties
- Implement HSE initiatives according to the HSE strategy for the Project;
- Ensure all incidents and accidents are reported correctly and investigated appropriately
- Define the HSE audit program along the Projets phases, when and where needed as well as upon request from the Project Director, EPCI Director or EPCI Manager
- Coordinate the relation with the CSPS and Safety coordinator;
- Identify and mitigate risks as early as possible in the process through proactive HSE management
- Follow the contractor HSE activities and performance proactively:
- Participate in prequalification of suppliers and tenders evaluation. Assess competence before contract signing
- Assess the resource requirement in connection with HSE coordination and follow-up on the construction sites
- Participate in and support HAZID and HAZOP as well as assist the Project team to achieve ALARP in all areas
- Regular reporting as per the Project procedures and as requested by the Project Director and/or EPCI Director
The successful candidate must have offshore HSE experience, in-depth knowledge of French maritime regulations and be fully fluent in French to business negotiation level.
Based in Paris, this a fantastic opportunity to play a leading part in the development of France's offshore renewable energy capabilities. Developing within a leading organisation with significant exposure to the sector.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160