The role of Senior Electrical Engineer is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded and experienced asset management team at a very exciting time in the evolution of the offshore transmission sector.
Our client manages one of the largest offshore electricity transmission portfolios in the world in terms of the capacity of offshore wind connected. This portfolio of assets includes the connections to many of the UK's largest offshore wind farms.
We are looking to recruit a full time Senior Electrical Engineer to join the team responsible for the management and operation of our portfolio of OFTO assets. As a key member of the asset management team, the individual needs to be technically capable, commercially astute, ambitious and driven. He or she will seek to contribute to the fast growth and success of the company, whilst ensuring that the highest levels of HSE and asset performance are maintained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring technical compliance with industry codes.
- Reviewing technical reports and carrying out power system investigations.
- Formulating technical policy.
- Technical Investigations and defect claims.
- Maintaining technical databases.
- Interfacing with OEM / O&M contractors on technical issues.
- Interfacing with NETSO / DNOs regarding outage planning.
- Assisting in co-ordinating activities and maintaining the SHEQ systems (ISO9001, OHSAS18001, ISO55000 and ISO14001) across the organisation and managing ongoing compliance with the company’s ISO certification
- Design input to project works.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the company’s Electrical Safety Rules.
- Maximising asset availability • Implementing site operational procedures and processes
- Building business cases for investment
- O&M and technical input to future transmission bidding processes
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the Head of Asset Management
- Co-ordinating health and safety management and advisors.
- Managing the emergency standby database and Rota
You will need to be qualified to Degree / HNC in Electrical Engineering, with a successful track record within the power industry, ideally in the UK electricity supply industry.
Your experience should include: power system investigations, an in depth knowledge of transmission / EHV distribution primary equipment, secondary systems such as SCADA and protection, life-cycle management of transmission assets, the technical interface with National Grid / DNOs and remote monitoring such as DTS, on-line OTDR and power quality monitoring.
It is expected that the successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Electrical Engineering to Degree / HNC level (experience may be taken into account instead)
- Experience in the UK electricity supply or offshore industries, including:
- Experience of project management / development
- Detailed asset specific knowledge: e.g. transformers, cables, switchgear, light current (protection and SCADA), offshore structures
- Knowledge of Grid Code / SO-TO code
- Strong knowledge of asset management processes
- Experience of O&M activities within the power or offshore transmission sector.
- Management of Health and Safety.
- The following although not essential, would be beneficial:
- Experience of submarine cable surveys, reburial and repair preparedness
- OSH, NEBOSH or other relevant safety qualifications
- Possession of offshore work / transfer / working at height certification, first aid at work or capability to achieve certification (training will be provided)
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160