Taylor Hopkinson is working with one of the leading global engineering consultancies focused on renewable energy. They are looking to appoint a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on the electrical engineering of wind, solar and energy storage projects to be based in Boston, MA.
- Design and engineering, preparation of equipment specifications, preparation of calculations and modeling
- Provide electrical engineering design of LV and MV systems for wind, solar and battery storage projects
- Support and lead with interconnection applications, electrical and power systems studies including: short circuit, arc flash, load flow, etc.
- Carry out reviews of technologies and suppliers.
- Commission and manage external studies as appropriate.
- Provide electrical design support to other teams within the business
- Provide input to outline design of the projects during development and pre-construction.
- Develop effective relationships with system and component suppliers.
- Ideally degree educated in Electrical Engineering or demonstrable experience in
- Experience in the design and engineering role in utility scale renewable energy projects including wind, offshore wind, and/or solar PV
- Experience in modelling tools including ETAP, PSCAD and PSSE
- Experience in supporting development & construction phases of power generation or transmission projects
- Proven experience and track record in offshore wind farm projects
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards and offshore regulations.
- Good knowledge and experience of grid codes and grid connection issues.
- Knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Knowledge of wind farm/power system and SCADA systems.
- Experience of working in a team and delivering against targets.
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980