Taylor Hopkinson are working with a leading consultancy in offshore wind, recruiting for a Subsea Cables Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farm projects. The role will involve working on a number of projects simultaneously and will suit an ambitious and progressive engineer who is able to work under his/her own initiative and wants to be part of a developing organisation. The role will allow good career progression opportunities either in a technical or a managerial role in the future. You will work in an organisation focused on adding value to the work we do for our clients, and everyone pulls together to make sure we deliver quality deliverables on-time and within budget. You will be challenged to progress, but also part of a friendly and technically excellent team and will always have close mentoring to help you develop to your full potential.
The base office is in Central London, but an enthusiasm to work periods of up to 6 weeks offshore would be desirable. As our client continues to expand, there may also be the opportunity to work from other offices around the world.
The Project Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind projects. Duties in these projects will involve any or all of:
- Site investigation management and supervision.
- Analysis related to cable installation and repair.
- Project/package management during live projects.
- Detailed analyses or cable related issues, typical examples being scour or cable failures.
- Cable route planning and cable burial risk assessment work.
- R&D projects to position our client at the technical edge.
In addition, the Project Engineer will be expected to:
- Assist and/or lead projects (as assigned by the Engineering Manager) to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Prepare tenders and proposals.
- Make presentations to prospective clients marketing the capabilities of the business.
- Develop designs and specifications for construction projects.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Good quality degree in Engineering, specialising in mechanical or civil engineering (or similar).
- Offshore survival certificates and up-to-date medical certificates for offshore working- Desirable.
- Relevant professional experience as a consultant, client or a contractor within an emphasis on the project management or technical delivery of offshore wind projects, with an emphasis on subsea cables and subsea cable installation.
- Site experience either onshore or offshore (but offshore preferable)- Desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good sales and business development techniques.
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work in an offshore environment on an occasional basis.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
- The role is office based with flexibility to working hours. Offshore attendance and travel within Europe, and occasionally further overseas, may be required.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160