Asset O & M Engineer
Opportunity to join a leading developer as the Asset O & M Engineer taking responsibility for the technical performance of several wind energy assets within an expanding portfolio. The role will plan, schedule and execute regular activities to ensure optimum performance of the operating plant.
You will be expected to establish and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders working across a diverse range of assets and technologies.
This is a full-time role based in Edinburgh.
- Planning, scheduling, execution and optimisation of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities across the portfolio, ensuring at all times that work is conducted in line with HSE, Quality and Asset Management standards.
- Optimising the technical performance of the portfolio, delivering short and long term projects to improve performance or enhance the business case.
- Ensuring that all aspects of technical readiness are understood and enacted during the ramp-up phase to make certain that asset on-boarding activities are effective and successful.
- Undertaking regular asset inspections to ensure that key contractors including generating and electrical balance of plant equipment OEMs deliver their contracted scope as per the agreed contract.
- Participating in technical due diligence exercises to deliver additional assets into the portfolio, giving specialist technical advice to enable progression of the transaction process..
- Experience in managing asset maintenance suppliers, specifically in the delivery of optimised work plan scheduling.
- A clear understanding of OEM supply and maintenance agreements with particular respect to onshore and offshore wind farms.
- Clear understanding of operational risk management.
- Proven ability to work within operational HSE requirements including UK WTSRs and CDM.
- Expert understanding of inspection techniques with particular respect to WTGs.
- A focus on optimisation to achieve best value for assets.
- An understanding of Stakeholder Management and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with key industry partners.
- The ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely to non-technical colleagues.
- Experience of delivering WTG or other renewable generation equipment Owner's Inspections.
- Experience of delivering long-term optimisation projects such as asset life extension.
- A working understanding of the ISO50001 - Asset Management standard.
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Industry specific certifications for work in onshore or offshore WTGs.