Business Development Director – Community Solar + Storage
Opportunity for an experienced community solar professional to join an American C&I renewable energy developer, based in the Greater New York City area.
The Business Development Director will lead the origination/acquisition, development, and delivery of solar + storage projects on-time and on-budget, collaborating with colleagues from across the all levels of the business, in addition to varied stakeholders.
You should bring 5+ years' of relevant experience, along with the right to live and work in the US without sponsorship.
- Drive the origination, development, and closing on sales opportunities
- Develop and manage project schedules and work with partners and key stakeholders to ensure development milestones are met/exceeded
- Ensure projects obtain site control
- Work collaboratively with the Markets, Finance, Legal, and Construction teams
- Identify and propose improvements in business processes and best practices
- Originate and develop strong relationships with potential clients
- Maintain exceptional relationships with existing clients
- Bachelor's degree preferred; alternatively, equivalent field experience considered
- 5+ years' of C&I or utility-scale solar and/or storage business development experience
- Understanding of all aspects of solar project development, including siting, interconnection, permitting, construction, and financing as well as grid/energy/utility transformation
- Experience in NY ISO strongly preferred; ISO-NE, PJM, or others considered
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for projects and work standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively to meet with real estate partners, energy co-developers, and suppliers, and visit project sites
- Hunger to develop personally and professionally