Business Development Manager – Offshore Wind
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
New Business Development Manager required to join a highly regarded renewables developer with ambitions to grow its portfolio of offshore wind projects in existing and new markets and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have operated at a senior level in the offshore wind sector and will be highly motivated and passionate in their work. You will have the opportunity to shape the business through the origination of fixed bottom and floating opportunities in both established and emerging markets.
- Support and contribute to the identification of new market opportunities in selected jurisdictions (UK, Europe, global) through securing site control
- Lead a small bidding team (with consultancy support) in organised leasing rounds and at an earlier entry point in emerging markets to secure seabed areas
- Deliver early stage development of commercial offshore wind projects (fixed/ floating)
- Assist with development works on existing projects as necessary
- Management of program and budgets and reporting to senior executives
- Degree in relevant subject (technical, engineering, commercial, environmental)
- Demonstrable experience in a senior commercial or development role in the offshore wind sector
- Experience undertaking negotiations with a range of potential partners and ability to present information in a clear and convincing manner
- Ability to lead and inspire teams comprising both in-house and external specialists
- Strategic thinking, decisiveness and good time management skills
- English fluency and willingness to travel