Commercial Contract Manager – Logistics
Job ID 10056
Our client is looking for a Commercial Contract Manager - Logistics to join their offshore wind team. Based in Hamburg.
- Reports to the Product Manager
- Provides specialist support and commercial input to the package(s).
- Works with procurement on package relevant purchases, through defining commercial contract requirements. Takes part in negotiations and is responsible for contract approval (prepares and is responsible for Contract Approval Form).
- Advises preparation of contractual documents.
- Manages pricing and commercial implications associated with new contracts.
- Give legal and contractual advice to package manager and liaise with legal department and VF Claims managers when needed.
- Responsible for regular review of results and forecasts in conjunction with the Commercial Project Manager, monitoring contract spend, future commitments, potential risks and one-off analysis.
- Manages and follows up of contractor payment schedules
- Processes applications for payment requests.
- Ensures all contractual obligations are met by both the client and the contractor.
- Ensures sufficient project records are kept to support project commercial, contract and claim management within its scope/package.
- Leads claim management for the package. Advises package with regards to variations, claims and notices from contractors.
- 3 years of experience in commercial contract management, preferably in the offshore wind industry or similar complex industries.
- Knowledge of contract change management & claim management of contract such as FIDIC, T&I and LOGIC.
- Knowledge/ experience on installation products - primarily Foundation installation.
- Knowledge of project management methods. PM certification by IPMA, PMI would be an advantage.
- Works experience in cross-functional and international teams commercial contract and negotiation experience.
- Graduate degree in a commercial subject, engineering or equivalent.
- Evaluation and monitoring of contract performance, regularly reporting and making recommendations for remedial action.
- Good understanding of construction & installation terminology, progress calculation methods, programmes of work and project timelines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Independent, structured and target-orientated work style.
- Honesty, teamwork, a sense of responsibility and cost awareness.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Full fluency in English, both verbally and in writing. German is a plus.