Commercial Manager – Power Purchase Agreements
A Commercial Manager with experience of power purchase agreements to play a key role in securing revenues and supporting participation in the market. You will support the commercial goals and objectives of the business including pipeline development, auction participation, route to market contracting, and understanding regulatory and practical aspects of dispatching power in the market.
- Research, understand and follow developments in policy and regulation in relation to energy sales and Power Purchase Agreements both utility and corporate in UK and European markets
- Providing briefing and support to the wider team
- Support structuring and negotiation of PPAs
- Follow and understand the CFD and other RES auctions to support the development of strategy
- Understand metering, data flows and other key aspects of dispatching and scheduling power in order to develop processes to support activities in the market
- Strong understanding of European power markets
- Knowledge of European energy policy and regulation in relation to renewable power purchase agreements
- Understanding of RES auctions, environmental attributes, embedded benefits, and other relevant sources of value for a solar project.
- Experience of energy price risk management and hedging approaches