Community Relations Manager
Opportunity for a professional Community Relations Manager with strong development experience and a passion for the renewable energy industry, to join one of the UK's onshore wind developers.
Their mission is to deliver green energy generation and infrastructure that benefits local communities and society. The position is based in Edinburgh, with occasional travel to projects in Wales.
- This position is considered critical to growing our company's relationships with community and organisations close to our projects.
- The role is important to maintain and improve our wider reputation so that our projects can be developed and delivered in the most effective and supported way possible.
- A key objective of the role is to raise awareness and build support for our future planning applications at a local and regional level.
- Act as a primary link between the project team and local communities affected and involved with the project.
- Seek to discover community issues and concerns, and arrange follow-up meetings with certain community contacts, e.g. community councils, local charity groups, residents, etc to spread key messages and respond to concerns.
- Attend local events, converse with community in public settings and manage local relationships under the direction of the PM and Development Director.
- Identify events, sponsorship opportunities and help prepare and inform each project's local stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Support the writing of reports to summarise and inform meetings, as well as prepare collateral for public meetings (e.g., newsletters, project websites, presentations, etc.)
- Track local news and social media coverage's.
- Help co-ordinate and motivate external consultants to drive local initiatives forward.
- Ensure that key influences at a local level fully understand our project proposals - the positive impact of the plans and the wider significant environmental benefits.
- Build broad political and community support throughout the areas in which the proposal is located (or in sight of) and help better ensure that key opinion former's and decision makers support and promote the proposal.
- Monitor other developments in the wider area, manage and update external messaging when required and provide reactive comment as appropriate.