Job ID 13781
The Contract/Commercial Manager shall:
- Report to a Senior Legal Counsel/Head of Legal.
- Support contract management activities in tendering, negotiating and execution in accordance with relevant Group and Company policies, procedures and the contract management framework, including:
- Draft/review/revise/translate/negotiate/finalize/comment on contract terms and conditions and other documents incorporated in the contract during sales and project execution phases.
- Develop contract strategy and conduct risk assessment of the contract based on Group and Company policies; develop and implement risk mitigation and opportunity plan in concert with Business Units.
- Enforce and defend Company's contractual interests towards customers and suppliers, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations. Support Project Managers and Business Units to ensure timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects of contracts. Conduct contract closure.
- Liaise and coordinate with Insurance Risk Management personnel to: 1. ensure contract insurance provisions are adhered to the Group and Company policy. 2. handle insurance claims.
- Give guidance on general contractual issues. Deliver trainings for contract terms and conditions.
- Support implementation of procurement process including (but not limited to) revisions of procurement contracts.
- Support resolutions of disputes.
- Draft/review/revise/translate/negotiate/finalize/comment on various other legal documents as may be required from time to time.
- Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice.
- Develop a good working relationship with business units and functions.
- Master of Law degree.
- Bar admission is a plus.
- More than eight years of work experience dealing with commercial terms and conditions.
- Fluent English and Chinese language skills.
- Be able to multitask.