Development Manager/Director – Solar & Storage USA
Opportunity for an experienced Solar and Storage Development Manager/Director to join a British renewable energy company as its lead development professional in the United States.
The Development Manager/Director, USA will activities including project origination, landowner negotiations, permitting, and wider stakeholder management for utility-scale project opportunities across the country, with a specific focus in the northeast.
This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Lead the origination and development of utility-scale solar and storage projects throughout the US, focusing on northeastern markets (e.g. MA, VA etc.)
- Manage the permitting process and related stakeholder engagement
- Manage workload and focus of consultants as well as international colleagues supporting with US projects
- Perform portfolio-level development to NTP
- Develop and manage project schedules
- Manage P&L and budgets for projects at the development stage
- Perform as the company representative at key conferences and industry events
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Demonstrable experience of leading the development of utility-scale solar and storage projects in the US
- Strong understanding of all aspects of project development process, particularly with landowner negotiations and permitting
- Experience in states including MA, VA, and/or VT a plus
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues globally
- Willingness and ability to travel to current and prospective sites throughout the United States as required
- Ability to work autonomously with confidence
- Right to live and work in the US without sponsorship is required