Foundation Fabrication Package Manager
Opportunity for a Foundation Fabrication Package Manager who will be reporting to the Senior Foundations Package Manager.
The Foundations Fabrication Package Manager will be responsible for the specification and management of monopile and transition piece activities for the foundations package.
- Plan and manage the development of technical specifications, operational requirements and other documentation required for the tendering, contracting and execution of the work.
- In collaboration with other work package managers, support the definition of a detailed construction strategy for the project.
- Provide input into project CAPEX and programme forecasting with focus on correct pre-contract pricing and cost-to-complete forecasting and risk evaluations prior execution
- Scrutinise foundation design outputs, providing feedback on construct-ability and CAPEX implications.
- Coordinate quality and H&S audits of the fabricators and of fabrication subcontractors/ suppliers to verify their compliance with Employer's Requirements and identify construction risks.
- Working with the procurement team, plan, manage and implement the review and assessment of tender responses from fabrication contractors, providing evaluations and recommendations for selection.
- Plan and manage resources, including the establishment and management of project team and other specialist technical support services for fabrication management and execution.
- Development and implementation of effective strategies to avoid, or mitigate, programme delays and to manage Claims against fabricators and claims received from fabricators.
- Manage selected fabrication contractor(s), including: Acting as Employer's Representative and first point of contact for all involved fabricators and third parties. Ensuring fabricator compliance with Health, Safety and Environment regulations, law and project requirements. Ensuring fabricator compliance with project quality and programme requirements. Provision of regular progress monitoring and reporting against baseline and updated programme. Contract administration, enforcement and claim management. Document control of the fabricator contract package upwards and downwards
- Financial management (processing of progress-statements, interim payment applications and payments, bonds and guarantees, internal budgeting etc.). Support project development/consenting activities by providing input on anticipated construction methods/plans and regular reporting on construction activities.
- Manage the handover process to project transport & installation and operations & maintenance teams.
- Support technical due diligence processes.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or alternative applicable experience
- A minimum of 10 years' industrial experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience in steel fabrication is required.Experience in offshore fabrication / serial production is essential.
- Demonstrable understanding of health, safety and environmental best practice with fabrication settings.
- Planning and execution of serial production steel fabrication including, cost estimating, logistics, workforce management, programme management and quality control.
- Management and administration of contracts for fabrication activities (FIDIC, NEC etc).
- Codes, standards, guidelines and appropriate fabrication activities.
- Knowledge of the following areas is desirable:
- Monopile fabrication.
- Shipping and logistics experience