Foundations Contract Manager
Foundations Contract Manager working directly for the developer of a major French offshore wind project.
This is a full-time, permanent staff position based in Paris.
- Contract management responsibility for the foundations contract.
- Lead variations and claim management.
- Accountability for defining and implementing foundations package's commercial strategy and
- Management plan to reach project's objectives fixed by the PM and project director.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders (package level) incl. communication to vendors. Prepare and Manage the Tendering process.
- Ensure foundations contractors acts in accordance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Assess impact of technical decisions and consequent actions.
- Manage and follow up of contractual payment schedule.
- Perform commercial management of contracts.
- Manage pre-qualification process; draft PQ notice, PQ criteria and final evaluation in cooperation. with the Package Manager.
- Prepare and manage the package tendering process, including communication with supplier(s) along tender and negotiation stages.
- Prepare the commercial tender documents, taking part in contract negotiation and preparing the contract approval form.
- Support the commercial evaluation process of package's bids
- Recommend and agree on negotiation process and strategy in cooperation with the Package Manager and in close collaboration with other Contract Managers.
- Commercial negotiations and recommendation of preferred tenderer/contract award.
- Prepare final contract documents.
- Manage pricing and commercial consequences associated with other contracts, in close collaboration with other Contractual Managers
- Pro-actively anticipate and avoid unexpected claims in package's contract(s)
- Provide support to the Package Manager, with legal and contractual advise in coordination with the legal department whenever necessary.
- Ensure both package team and the contractors meet all contractual obligations, in accordance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Assess consequences of (technical) decisions by package team and define actions along development and execution of the package works.
- Monitor the application for payment requests with analysis of contractual impacts on future commitments and associated risks.
- Pro-active contract management and claim negotiations including resolution of issues/disputes for contracts.
- Manage and update overview of variations, claims & claims register, amendment, Notices from contractors and submit relevant reports to Package Manager.
- Ensure that Social and industrial requirements and French bid engagements are well captured in the Contract (T&Cs, Schedules) and its follow-up (KPI and monitoring tools).
- Ensure that the HSE, Quality and document control requirements are well included in the Contract/Employers requirements
- Contribute to the implementation of all the technical and organizational risk reduction measures which derive from the application of the Project Quality and HSE management requirements on the work package where assigned, from the upstream stage of design through to the final delivery of the Asset and of its associated As-Built Documentation
- Significant experience in commercial contract management in offshore wind is required
- Contract management experience throughout the life cycle of an offshore wind project, including contract change management and contract claim management
- Experience managing ITT processes for Fabrication contracts, EPC or BOP contracts in offshore wind sector.
- Experienced in various forms of contract (e.g. FIDIC red, yellow and white books, NEC3, LOGIC).
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Contract management fundamentals, best practices and industry trends
- Experience in managing complex Project RFP processes and leading negotiations in offshore wind.
- Knowledge of project management methods
- Strong Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Strong command of English and French languages (written & spoken)
- Knowledge in financial & budget, risks and schedule.
- Very strong work-ethic, communication skills, multi-tasking abilities and innovative thinking with unerring focus on challenging and improving the status-quo
- Demonstrated high ethical standards including sensitivity for confidential information