Foundations Package Manager
Foundations Package Manager
Job ID 7487
Opportunity for a Foundations Package Manager working on a major offshore wind farm project based in Edinburgh.
The position is responsible for the implementation of the offshore foundations and Transition Pieces of the wind farm from design to commissioning, in respect to time, costs, safety, quality and interfaces. Accountability for delivery of all the Foundation Package Contracts, including but not limited to: Design, Certification, Fabrication, Transport, Installation, Storage, Logistics and Commissioning.
- Lead the package team, ensuring sufficient project team resource is applied to deliver the work packages, package team staff are provided with direction and support.
- Coordinate external resources related, including consultants, suppliers, manufacturers, marine contractors, port authorities, logistics companies, marine warranty surveyors etc.
- Negotiation of package related contracts with suppliers in compliance with internal rules and QHSE standards, applicable technical standards and regulation.
- Development and management of risk management plans of the related packages as part of an overall project risk management strategy.
- Manage the design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of offshore foundations and related items in accordance with in-house engineering, Q&A, and HSSE procedures.
- Act as project focal point for all activities carried out within the foundations package.
- Support the Procurement team in the co-ordination all related tendering process and evaluation of supplies.
- Manage different contracts throughout the project development and construction phase.
- Provide up to date budget-relevant information, incl the provision of price indications from different suppliers.
- Apply cost reduction measures to ensure competitiveness; actively look for alternatives to reduce offshore costs.
- Ensure risks are addressed / reported, mitigation action determined and risks are minimized or closed out.
- Coordinate commissioning and operational handover of offshore foundations during construction phase.
- Promote good HSSE practices and ensure HSE / CDM requirements are fully implemented.
- Provide monthly progress reports to the Project Director.
- Manage the suppliers to ensure their delivery to the project’s defined quality requirements.
- Actively interface with other packages and central functions.
- Ensure that the technical assurance of design is reviewed with support from Asset Management and Quality Teams.
- Participate in certification and other regulatory processes in accordance to local requirements and international standards.
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of project offshore works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety); Ensuring control of the budget, deadlines and quality aspect, as well as assessment of contractors/subcontractors involved in the project.
- Produce monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and safety statistics.
- Produce other reports as necessary during the course of the project.
- Experience in foundation design, fabrication and/or installation for at least one offshore wind project from pre-construction to COD.
- Experience in a senior project delivery role in the offshore wind sector is essential.
- Contractual negotiation experience.
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary engineering/project management team is required.
- Strong understanding of certification requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation (including the CDM regulations) and best practice is essential.
- Knowledge of technical standards and industry practice across the different disciplines associated with the packages.
- Specific knowledge of the structure design processes and in offshore installation is required.
- Knowledge of project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multipackage construction projects is desirable.
- A strong understanding of the interfaces and interdependencies between the project's work packages is required.
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems.
- Capability to provide strong leadership to a team of project staff and to lead relationships with suppliers of the relevant package.
- Proactive approach to optimizations and improvements.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team and to support (and manage where required) the relationship with external stakeholders.
- A pro-active approach to project and contract management in order to identify risks and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market.
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160